MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I aint afraid of no boost
4,550 Posts
Competitors in UrbanRacer.com Sport FWD, Sport RWD, Quick 16 and Street Stock will be required to register for a single region. Competitors can compete in both regions, but only earn championship points in a single region.

To be eligible to compete for regional championships, drivers must be NHRA Sport Compact members. As a member, each driver will be assigned a region based upon their address on file with NHRA.
This means that Julie isn't going to be in your region! :evillaugh

Ivey, Mazurowski, TEC2RM, Hux (if the car is built) and the other east coast folks will be though.

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
NoShoes said:
This means that Julie isn't going to be in your region! :evillaugh

Ivey, Mazurowski, TEC2RM, Hux (if the car is built) and the other east coast folks will be though.
nice -- won't matter what calss you're in now :p

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did some math on the how they calculate points and based on my history of racing from the past 2 years, I would not be close to being competitive on the points scale.

Sean Ivey would be very far ahead - even if I did one more event than him.
We'll see how this season goes. By the end of May, the Eastern Division will have 4 races out of 6 in the books. I am only going to make 3 of them.

If things look competitive, I might have to drop the Duryea hillclimb (which would kill me), to travel to Moroso in August to pick up points.

It will be interesting. It does add another perspective on things.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Oh damn, if you go to Moroso let us know. I'll help in any way to get you here and running on that day. I've been wanting to see your car run in person.

Bryan, you should stop by too!

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It would cost a small fortune to go to Moroso, which I would be willing to do, IF there was a realisitc chance of claiming the championship. I guess we'll have to wait till the end of May to see where things stand.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I see. How do you monitor your points? I'm assuming there's a section in the NHRA website that shows the amount of points for each driver...and if there is, do they update after each race or do they take there time?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Thanks for the links! I better understand how this works. I didn't know you get points just for qualifing.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you read the small type, you get 10 points just for entering and making one qualifying pass.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts