MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SO i ordered these and they just got in. I open the box and theres, yes, 4 wires. just four wires. But in the directions like the 3rd step it says like "Install the coil wire, the blue cap end to the distributor, the black cap end to the coil." UM it didnt come with an extra coil wire, so do I use just the OEM??

-Aaron

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone ??

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so they sent me a used product -_-

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I would check your invoice to see the product number, then check the product number to verify its contents. Also, there is a piece of paper that comes with it that specifies the contents of the box. I've never seen a set of plug wires, especially NGK wires, that didn't come with a coil wire...it wouldn't really be that good of a tune-up without a coil wire, IMO

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks. I will contact them ASAP. but as for as your experiences they usually come with it? turbo AND n/a applications?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
onyxaltezza said:
ok thanks. I will contact them ASAP. but as for as your experiences they usually come with it? turbo AND n/a applications?
Absolutely, a coil wire is just as important, if not more important, than the plug wires themselves, i've never seen a set of plug wires that came without a coil wire, but weird things have happened...

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey I just called the shop that I ordered from. They said that the n/a models dont have them..so wtf?!?!?! anyone else??

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Y would the fact that it is a na or turbo model have ANYTHING to do with the wires that initiate a spark? So are they saying that na model cars do not have coils? That is close to the most rediculous thing i've ever heard. I would return the set you have, and purchase them from a different place, obviously the place u r dealing with does not deserve your business.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does it matter if its internal or external coil? Either way i gotta replace right? cuz i dunno what to tell the guy =(

·
270whp on a CT26...
3,458 Posts
yes, it does matter if it's an internal or external coil. an internal coil doesn't require a wire because it's built into the distributor.

MKII's use external coils. there should be a coil wire in any spark plug wire set.

-Mike

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
can someone find a pic to tell me what the external coil looks like :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts