MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went there last October, the day after i had my first ever trackday at gingerman. when i arrived at grattan i was really suprised at the complete lunacy of the track, the off camber corners, the elevation changes, and the utter windyness of it, somebody who liked racing for the fun of it had to have designed this track!

Anyways how do other tracks compare in lunacy value, im thinking of going to Kingston possibly(about a 10 hour drive, but it is tempting) and possibly the Autobahn club June 5th thing if theres space left and i have time etc, anyways, i know most courses will end up having more high speed corners, but besides just the corners what about the lunacy, i absolutly love it.

Gingerman is great too, deffenetly built for quicker cars, if i rode bikes it would probably be one of my favorite tracks, but in a 112hp car with EVOs and modded as hell Cobras on the track at the same time, strait aways became part speedy fun,part hell, weras Grattan i passed my friend in a evo when he was having trouble with greasy tires(what a great feeling)

anyways any opinions would be nice!!

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Kingston doesn't have any real elevation changes, but some interesting corners.

Make the treck to Mosport instead. Definitely a wild ride.

You should also try Waterford Hills, which is in your back yard.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'am with PDoane on this one but I would add MID OHIO to the list since its not a bad ride from Eastern Michigan to Mansfield Ohio. Mid Ohio is a great track, very technical. SCCA held the Runoffs their for years. . MOSPORT is a real rollercoaster of a thrill ride though.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
technical is what im looking for, i relized after i had got the bad after sunch(after riding in gas leaking 5.0 stang,wanting to vomit) experience out of my head i seriesly wanted to go back to gingerman as well,

ive heard really good things about mid ohio, seen it on TV even, MOSPORT looks crazy after watching a few vids on it, and its nice to know they have test and tune days, only thing is most of them dont have huge run offs, but that will most likely not stop me

alright thanks!

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
I haven't been to Grattan yet, but it's been on my list for a few years. There
are so few events there, and it seems I'm always busy at another event when they
happen.

For sheer "windy-ness" though, it's hard to beat USA International, in Wisconsin. No
straight-aways at all. Technically it's a kart track, but it gets used for cars just as often.

http://planet-torque.com/ms/cwscc102404/action.wmv

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, that might qualify as just plain excessive haha, come out when the alfa romeo club goes, nice bunch of guys and theres a hell of alot more then alfas there(only really a few alfas) so yah shouldnt feel left out

interesting stuff, thanks guys

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
I've run with the Detroit Alfa club at Gingerman, but their Grattan event always conflicts with something else, it seems. I used to have a couple of Alfas, so I wouldn't mind if their were a lot of them ;)

Do you have T-tops? I have problems running some Alfa club events with my T-topped car, because the National Competition Code was recently changed to require rollbars in them. Some Alfa clubs follow that strictly, others, not so much.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yah i do, and because it was a track day, not a compitition they didnt care that it was T-topped,

if you read there rules it sounds like you cant run with t-tops, but i know with the detroit club its not a problem at track days(non compeditive)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.