MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Got the rolled edge all welded up. On to the body work and this lid is done! The body work will be done and will be ready for paint in the next pic I post.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It has been a lot of work. It's worth it to me weather or not it ends up getting mass produced. The openings are pretty darn even though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will take a carbon fiber version. This is exactly what I've been looking for. Props to you, Shadow, for creating this motorlid.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sorry for the wait guys... Been waiting on my body guy to finish it up. He's been super busy. Finished product pic coming soon.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
How goes the production? Any good news?
Yes, It's looking good. My body guy just recently started working on it here and there. I had the lid on the car to check out the lines and shape. I'm very excited for the finished product. I will post pics as soon as the body work is done on it in the next few days.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I will also be fitting it to another MR2 that is coming through the shop this week to make sure it fits a random MR2 and not just my car (where several things have been altered).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh oh ohh Mr. Shadow. This thread has achieved MR2OC email newsletter status.

The pressure is officially on.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I'm not a metalworker or a body guy, but this looks really cool.
Do you think the scoops could have been attached with panel adhesive?
Just asking..

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'm not a metalworker or a body guy, but this looks really cool.
Do you think the scoops could have been attached with panel adhesive?
Just asking..
The process could have been much more simple if I were just making this for a mold. I went the extra mile with it in the off chance it never ends up being reproduced. That way I will have the lid I want no matter what. Here's the most recent progress on it. My body guy is super busy and messing with our lid every now and then. Doesn't look too far off from being finished.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Finally the day has come!!! The lid is finished!!! Now I will have to get a price figured out, get at least 10 people in, and organize the reproduction. How does it look? What do you think?

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
now that im looking at this more and more while being mounted on the car.. are you sure that the scoops are large enough to allow enough heat out the engine bay? even compared to the Na engine lid, it seems like a restriction. Maybe you guys can include side mounts that are vented as well or have a scoop mounted on them.

It looks really clean though..

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
now that im looking at this more and more while being mounted on the car.. are you sure that the scoops are large enough to allow enough heat out the engine bay? even compared to the Na engine lid, it seems like a restriction. Maybe you guys can include side mounts that are vented as well or have a scoop mounted on them.

It looks really clean though..
Absolutely. Those pics make them look kinda small with the lighting and angles. Pictures do not do this lid justice. Even in some pics the vents look different sizes while in person they are very even and measure out similarly. The opening is one and an eighth inch tall and eleven and a half inches wide. While it's not an inch and an eighth tall the whole width of the opening I believe the area is still equal to or larger than factory opening area with rain guard. Look at these two pics for opening visuals:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

21 - 40 of 44 Posts