MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4283243&a=32052709&f=0

Ok guys I have added 10 new detailed photos to my photo album to show more of the front-end damage / attempted repairs on my 87 mr2. This was a repair by Dealership maybe?

The lack of a bolt hole for attaching the bottom part of the headlight bracket leads me to believe that a reinforcing plate was welded to the outside of each frame section (forward of the trunk)

I hope you can make out the orientation of the photos as I was upside down taking some of the photos :)

carolina new be

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I would be scared of that car.

Seems like you should almost use it as the donor to adssemble the other car.. you can swap all the lower mileage components over including suspension bits..

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I recall you stating you had an 86 with rust as the other car.

This '87 has definitely been repaired, and it doesn't look like a very professional job. If it needs to be pulled again due to damage, I don't think I'd pull it. Initially it sounded lie a minorly tweaked original low-mileage '87+. This is not original. This may be low mileage, but it's possibly damaged beyond what I'd certainly want to work with for restoring. Bummer.

I think your initial assessment was probably more correct in working with the 86, sadly, even with the rust. Pick one and work it into a driveable car, not a restored car with a lot of $ put into it.

Sorry, I hate to be negative about it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
i think everyone here has it right about your car. not to sound too negative, but crash cars are bad news for all sorts of reasons. i wouldn't risk your safety as well as others with a bent up car. i'd pull parts out of her and ebay 'em!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts