MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just acquired me a 92 mr2 N/A t-top with 70k miles, I've always been a Honda guy. Are there anything I should be worried about adding coilover (2") drop with 18 beside the basics.

1. Does a 92 mr2 have power steering?
I've been reading about ps light and power steering going out/ bad relay

2. A/C seems to have r134 fittings should I switch it back to r12?

3. What is recommended oil as of today. Or what is best used
Recently honda switch to 5w20 from 5w30

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
1/ Skip the coilovers unless you plan to track. Decent struts & springs is better.
2/ Keep newer gas on AC and hopefuly AC is working.
3/ 10w40 semi-synthetic best for NA's.

Welcome aboard,

jim

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1/ Skip the coilovers unless you plan to track. Decent struts & springs is better.
2/ Keep newer gas on AC and hopefuly AC is working.
3/ 10w40 semi-synthetic best for NA's.

Welcome aboard,

jim
I've never had luck with just struts and springs in Hondas or my tsx.

It will be track when motor goes, either beam or v6 motor going in I been collecting and reading post that I've found from googling it

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Save your $$ for coilovers later then. Decent ones are expensive and will rattle your fillings loose.

On PS check basics then do the 30 x IGN ON/OFF trick to free up relay. Works most of the time.

jim

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Save your $$ for coilovers later then. Decent ones are expensive and will rattle your fillings loose.

On PS check basics then do the 30 x IGN ON/OFF trick to free up relay. Works most of the time.

jim
So I do have power Steering?

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Also look for the ABS fuse in the front fuse box. That fuse is used for the ABS as well as the power steering. If you don't have ABS but you do have the fuse then you have power steering.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
Welcome to the community! A 2" drop on a 91-92 chassis will have adverse effects on handling. Our suspension geometry was not designed to operate in that range without some modification. If you need a swap, parts or help just shoot us an email through our website and we will be happy to help you with whatever you need. Good luck with your new (to you) ride.

http://www.primemr2.com/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts