MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started cleaning up my engine compartment and decided to get rid of that monster throttle bracket that Mr T fitted. Here's my version in stainless steel. Opinions ?

Jimi

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
pimp.

except i have cruise control and can't have this :)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
looks good. now you need to do the air filter mod:)

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
nice looking... can you get another pic from the engine side of it though... so we can see what bolts you used to mount it to (looks like it's only one bolt there when i just looked at my manifold just now)

man i love how much cheaner non EGR engines look :)... still have more emissions crap then i like but hey :)

mark

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Made the bracket myself. yes its got both springs on, haven't altered the standard setup apart from filing a location point for the cable .
Here's a pic from the other side

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Yeah give a writeup on that and i am sure a mod would do a sticky for it. That looks so much better then the stock setup for the MKI's

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
yes, i second the writeup idea!!!

·
Original
10,788 Posts
you could almost make up a pattern, one that you could print up on the computer, trace out on metal, and bend it all up to come out with that......

how much time did you spend on that to get it to that finished product?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Nice! It looks so much better with the throttle cable bracket like that and with no EGR. Very clean and nice looking engine bay, too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts