MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a good idea for a new sticky. I say we have a thread where people can post what the symptoms of their problems, and have a result of what the problem was after they have figured out what it was.

For example

1)car was hard to get into gear
2)the car would grind when I went into reverse
3)I would adjust the clutch pedel so there would be more freeplay, but it seemed to gradually go back to the old disengagement point.

results:
1)replaced the clutch master cylider, it didn't make a difference

what was wrong:
1)Pulled the tranny and the clutch was fried.
2)Had the transmission worked, 2nd gear fork was busted, and had all the synchros replaced.
Problem solved.

I think this would be a good idea because a lot of threads on here dont have results to problem resulting in MULTIPLE threads of the same topic. Plus it would make things a little more organized.
what do you guys think?

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
the bgb covers a lot of things like that, mainly CEL related.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
mr2gixxer said:
Either they are too lazy to use the search function or they don't have a BGB. It's also online for those that don't want to fork over the the money for the MR2 Bible :smile: .

www.mr2-tech.com
absolutely true, a lot of people don't SEARCH, and some don't even know what a bgb is. so what good is a sticky like this? when the existing sticky on faq's and the online bgb isn't used? lol.

your idea is good, but i think it needs to be more developed and i don't see it being easy to organize something like a troubleshooting database, there's soo many variables and possibilities.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts