MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hya Guys,
New Stainless Steel exhaust fitted, grill folded up out of the way to show it off, what do you think?

Bob

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 2/3rds the weight of a the Toyota original that it replaced and it sounds awesome..and no cat so a little less restrictive.

Bob

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TomsMR2 said:
id fold the grill back down :) but it looks good.. i just like the look of the grill.

purchased or custom exhaust?
Purchased secondhand off the net..it's almost identical to a Mongoose but not quite as the mounting brackets are slightly different..I'm not sure who it is manufactured by, I'm currently trying to find out.

Bob

·
Registered
351 Posts
is this mongoos or jwr?
poohbear9044 : i want to ask a question.. since you live in england can you get some good racing headers for the 3rd gen 3sge engine? hard to find here in the states.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Looks like mongoose to me. You can get a NATKO for the price you pay for these w/shipping to the states. Does need larger tips, but it's still purdy.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
igaleli said:
is this mongoos or jwr?
poohbear9044 : i want to ask a question.. since you live in england can you get some good racing headers for the 3rd gen 3sge engine? hard to find here in the states.
Not really at the moment..we can import Fujitsubo Super Ex headers from Japan for approx 775 USD..so not freely available and expensive. But one of the guys over here has had a set of OBX headers modified with a view to doing a group buy, he hasn't had time to fit it to his car yet because he is so busy fixing all our cars, he is one of our traders or Vendors as you call them.
Hopefully he will get time soon, and we will have some affordable choice to look forward to.

Bob

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
vtsuckah said:
Looks like mongoose to me. You can get a NATKO for the price you pay for these w/shipping to the states. Does need larger tips, but it's still purdy.
The tips are 3.5" the picture makes them look quite small..the pic below shows the size better.The small muffler shaped pipe at the back is actually a de-cat pipe.

Bob

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
vtsuckah said:
What's the pipe size on the exhaust? is that a turbo or NA? Price? etc.
Its 2.5" into the decat then when it leaves the decat it reduces down to 2.25" before entering the silencer/muffler then the two tail pipes are 3.5".

Price in the UK new is ?300 ($530) but I bought it secondhand 3 months old for ?200 ($350). And it's for an N/A but they also do a twin muffler turbo version for the same money.

Bob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts