MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my shift cables snapped a few weeks back (passenger side)and i was able to get another pair of a board member. i was told the cables are from a 92 turbo. recieved them on monday and installed them tuesday. i got the pair but i only installed the passenger side cable.

first test drive was yesterday..ill try to be as detailed as possible.

when the car isnt moving (car off and on) it seemed to enter evry gear, but then when i started to drive and proceeded to shift to second gear it felt like it was not going in completley. I would then shift to third and when i slowed down and tried to downshift into second for a turn the shift lever just bounces out of were it should be in second gear. reverse is just as bad, it goes in somtimes, somtimes not. today it doesnt go into second or reverse at all.

i did a search and have checked a few things.

i have tried adjuting the cable length from the inside of the car were the cable conects to the shift lever by losening the nut and extending the threaded bolt. it is now to the point were its only connected to the shift cable by 2 threads and still doesnt do anything. ive also checked in the engine compartment to see if all the original clips are there that i might have forgoten to reinstall and evrything seems to be in place.

is it possible i have gotten n/a cables? would na cables even install in a turbo car correctly? possible that maybe the cable is stretched? shold i install the other cable (driver side) would that make a diffrence?

any help/advice would be appreciated.
thanxs in advance

miguel

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forget it, i know why it wasnt going into gear. cable snapped. i felt a snag in the line before putting it in. i felt somthing was wrong.

2 cables down :( AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! %$#$%^%^#$$!!!!!!!!!!...

third times a charm, hopfully.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mods plesae delete this thread....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts