MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

New radiator

253 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  tksmr2 
#1 ·
I have a leak from or around the drain plug for the radiator. There is moisture around the plug fitting for 1 to 2 inches. I pulled the radiator out and ran water through it but no water is coming out the drain plug. I have a new plug but hate to reinstall, fill, burp, etc. and still have the leak, then lose the new coolant if it has to come out. I called around and was quoted $60 to $80 to pressure test the radiator. My other option is to get a new radiator. I found this one at O'Reilly's:

PROLIANCE INTL/READY-RAD for $140.99 LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY

I also get 30-40% off this price which makes the two options pretty close.
Any input would be appreciated

#5 ·
Another option is a good used one. Yes, chances are it has high miles on it. But, if you get it tested at a rad shop and it comes back good, why not use it. Save a lot of money and have a OEM radiator in your car. Not some piece of crap aftermarket one that probably doesn't fit all that well anyway.

That is what I am doing. If it fails, it fails but I like to stay with OEM, but OEM cost is rediculous for a new one.

Todd
87sc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.