MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Any local MR2 owners near Findlay, OH?

I just purchased my first 1993 Turbo in October of 2004 after searching for a little over a year. I have spotted a few MR2s locally and met a couple of owners....who else is out there?

Any local events being planned for this Spring?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I'm about 50 minutes to the north of you. Not really any MR2 specific stuff on the calendar yet, but I know a couple groups are working on carshows. There will probably be monthly meets in the Ann Arbor area, might have a couple in Toledo. If you want to put one together in Findlay, I'd make the drive down for it! For other random area events, you can check out my list at http://www.glmotorsports.net (Updated whenever I find out about events, I'm waiting on several schedules to be published right now. In another month there should be a good deal MORE on there!).

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am from Columbus but I go to The University of Toledo. I am not that close but it is good to know that we have one more person excited about their MR2. Enjoy it, it is a fun car!!

Cheers,
Dave

P.S. Listen to BlueMR2 he has got the inside scoop and knows what is going on locally!!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Welcome to the MR2 community! I to am at the University of Toledo. I live on the east side of columbus when i'm not at school (Pickerington). I am working on organinzing a MR2 meet sometime this spring. Not really sure of details but I know there will be people coming from Toledo, and NE Ohio. Hopefully you will be able to make it and meet some other Ohio MR2 owners.

dwils10, you don't happen to live at U-Hills do you? I drive by there about every day and see a white MR2 with a black bra and some real nice wheels. I'm guessing that's your car. Well, just wanted to see if it was or not.

-Jeremy

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.....

As far as a meet in Findlay, LaRiche Toyota usually has some kind of car show in the Spring where Celicas, Supras, and MR2s show up. I will post the information when I find out the date.

I am originally from Columbus and often spend weekends there. I would be very interested in any meets in Columbus, Toledo, or Ann Arbor. Hopefully they won't interfer with my autocross schedule!

Thanks for the www.glmotorsports.net link, BlueMR2.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Well, if you're interested, I'll be attending some Autocrosses at Cooper Stadium this summer. So, maybe I'll see you at some of those.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mister2mkii said:
Well, if you're interested, I'll be attending some Autocrosses at Cooper Stadium this summer. So, maybe I'll see you at some of those.

Yeah, I really enjoy that site! I like it better than the Ackerman road site. I will either be racing my '93 MR2 in SM2 class or my '96 Probe GT in STS.

I can't wait!!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
hey whats your name man , im in Findlay .. i have a white mr2 turbo , and a few of my buddies have mr2's here in findlay too.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JLDMRDOS said:
hey whats your name man , im in Findlay .. i have a white mr2 turbo , and a few of my buddies have mr2's here in findlay too.
I think I have seen your MR2. Was it parked in the CVS parking lot on New Years day?

I met Chris (I think that is his name?) who owns the black one without the rear wing and I have met Tom that has Woody's old car. What is your name? Do you know of any other 2nd gen MR2s in Findlay? I saw a dark blue N/A model one time and I have seen a light blue N/A several times.

We should get together when the weather allows.

- Jeremy

E

·
0 Posts
Hey , this is JLDMRDOS posting on my buddies account. yea , i know all those guys .... chris is one of my best freinds, has a gen2 turbo just got his exhaust put on . Mike miller has the blue NA hardtopA( soon to swap in a turbo). and Brandon has the NA sky blue. yea my white one was at the rite aid parking lot for like a week. it has since been towed to my mechanic ( has a boost/fuel problem) . my name is Jesse Daulton . as soon as its nice out were gonna all gonna cruise.

E

·
0 Posts
ps: my buddy chris white is the guy who hooks up the toyota lot for the toyota enthusiast car show... i will talk to him and see if its on again this year .. maybe i can enter this time!

- 91 mr2 gen2 turbo sunroof 35k
[email protected] , blitz nur-spec, greddy type s bov, k&N
hks fcd, sparco speed seates etc...

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Jesse -

Brandon bought that car in Columbus from a guy that lives off Morse Road. I actually talked to the previous owner on the phone about that car (he lives a couple houses down from a friend of mine) when I was shopping for an MR2. That is a really sharp looking car! I would have bought it, but I had my mind set on a 1993 Turbo. Hopefully mine will look as nice as Brandon's when I'm finished with it.

I can't wait for good weather! It's 5:15p and the roads are dry enough...I think I'll go for a little joy ride in the MR2. Talk to you later!

·
Registered
837 Posts
so what color is yours man? have anything done to it yet?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I guess you know what color it is now! As far as modifications, here is the list:

EBC Sport rotors, EBC Green pads, stainless steel brake lines, Joe P manual boost controller (set at 11.5psi), HKS boost gauge (in factory location), HKS turbo timer, 3.5" stainless exhaust, cold air intake, 8.5mm Magnecore wires, high flow SPAL fan on IC, SSR Competiton wheels (17x7.5 front, 17x8.5 rear) with Cooper Zeon 2XS tires (215/40R17 front, 235/40R17 rear).

I just purchased some Tein Super Street coilovers but haven't installed them yet. As soon as it warms up a bit, I'll replace the OE struts and maybe all of the suspensions bushings while I'm at it.

I hope you get your car back soon...where do you have it worked on in Findlay? What mods do you have on your MR2? How long have you had it?

·
Registered
837 Posts
hey man , good seing you cruisin ... i have a gen 2 swap with 35k on it , [email protected],hks fuel cut, blitz nur spec exhaust, k&n intake,greddy type s bov, ngk ignition,17"adr rims on toyo proxes rubber,h&r springs,sparco speed seats with wedge brackets,greddy electronic boost gauge,94 tails,kenwood kvt-715 in dash 7" touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3 ... i have my car worked on in van buren , ive had my 2 since august 03

·
Registered
348 Posts
i'm from windsor, ontario, only a couple of 2 here, but if there is a meet in MI i will be there for sure, i live right on the border, so its real close, just post when and where. thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts