MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Plyscamp said:
Latest report i read says it will have a 2 Litre 4 cyl. N/A Subaru Boxer engine with Toyota injection putting out 200 HP and 151 Ft Lbs Torque. Compression is supposed to be 12 to 1 so you can bet it will be premium fuel only. Available with a 6 speed auto or a 6 speed stick. Balace is 53% front 47% rear. Wil be called a Scion FRS (Front engine, Rear drive, Sport)

No, that would be the FR-S.

This thread is not about the FR-S

·
Registered
400 Posts
Plyscamp said:
Latest report i read says it will have a 2 Litre 4 cyl. N/A Subaru Boxer engine with Toyota injection putting out 200 HP and 151 Ft Lbs Torque. Compression is supposed to be 12 to 1 so you can bet it will be premium fuel only. Available with a 6 speed auto or a 6 speed stick. Balace is 53% front 47% rear. Wil be called a Scion FRS (Front engine, Rear drive, Sport)
That's not how it's turning out... unfortunately.

Hybrid? I can handle that, especially a torquey little hybrid. But the spec's it's built with right now I would not tolerate. 3.5L V6, convertible (hate convertibles with a passion), and an obese 3,300lb curb weight.

This isn't an MR2 of the future. It's more like higher end competition for a Boxster, possibly Audi TT? This car will NOT be cheap.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/01/mr2-lives-on-with-toyota-grmn-sports-hybrid-concept-ii/

-Josh

·
Registered
137 Posts
I actually dont mind the lights. I think its the ftont bumper thats ugly. Its just round n ugly. That said, if a front kit came out giving it a sharper look instead it would be cool. The back kind of reminds me of the new aston martin zagato a little since its just black w no cover.. overall i like it. Just not the front bumper..

·
Registered
32 Posts
The color sucks and the design looks more confusing then aggressive. I would start with the MKI style, make it wider by 6 inches, have the front bumper taper down with a wide opening for cooling, cooling vents to the front brakes in the bumper instead of useless fog lights. Make it a hard top no sunroof etc, also add a roof scoop to flow cold air into the engine bay area. Picture a modern looking Lotus Esprit crossed with a Countach. Instead of this Lotus Elise/ Pontiac Solstice mutt with car parts sprayed with glue throw at it.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts