MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New member, saying hello 👋

466 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Nealio240z 
#1 ·
I remember when I was a child and saw the mr2 for the first time, a brand new black first gen mr2 in the driveway of our closest neighbor about a mile away. I was in a school bus and went by it daily for about a week. One day I hopped on my bicycle and rode to his house to check it out. It was stuck in mind ever since.
Twice in my life I have tried to purchase a first gen mr2, and both times the seller flaked on me and the deal went south. In my life so far I have bought and sold a combination of over 40 cars and motorcycles.
Finally I was able to purchase a black 89' mr2, n/a, manual trans, 151k miles, completely unmolested, bone stock, and drove it home for $800... It does need some work and restoration, and I cant wait!
I am very mechanically inclined, have built cars from the ground up, had a short drag racing career, im under 40 and now have a family. We live on 40 acres, and fully off grid. The biggest building on my property is the shop. I work full time for the state of California. And I am happy to be a part of this awesome forum!

#7 ·
For now its will be just getting it dialed in and running good. This will be my daily driver so I want to focus on reliability first. I have 3 oil leaks to do right away, distributor shaft seal, valve covers, and oil filter housing is leaking. I need to replace the windshield as well. Then I would like to focus on suspension upgrades first. So glad I found this forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.