MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is TJ, thank you adding me to your community. I'm getting ready to buy a 1994 n/a, but I'm having a v6 swap. It will have coilovers being slightly lowered. I want to get 17" wheels, 8" in front and 9 or 9.5" in the rear, with 215's in front and maybe 255's in the rear. What offset would work best with the least amount of changes needed. I know the rear fenders will need to be rolled. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
TJ

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
74 Posts
215 40 17 on the front and 255 40 17 rear. Stock suspension +35 offset all around works well. If your running coilovers you will need at least a 7mm spacer up front with a 35 mm offset wheel.

primemr2 has 9six9 wheels available with front +25 offset and rear. +35, that’s solves all the problem when running coil overs.

I run 255 40 17 rear and not rolled and have very slight rub that I can live with. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
215 40 17 on the front and 255 40 17 rear. Stock suspension +35 offset all around works well. If your running coilovers you will need at least a 7mm spacer up front with a 35 mm offset wheel.

primemr2 has 9six9 wheels available with front +25 offset and rear. +35, that’s solves all the problem when running coil overs.

I run 255 40 17 rear and not rolled and have very slight rub that I can live with. Hope this helps.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
13,697 Posts
This depends on the coilover, mostly on the top mount and how much you can tilt the strut in.

A bit of self promotion... I set of these will improve clearance on almost any coilover Coilover Top Mounts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
This depends on the coilover, mostly on the top mount and how much you can tilt the strut in.

A bit of self promotion... I set of these will improve clearance on almost any coilover Coilover Top Mounts
Yes, follow his lead… he makes great well thought out parts…
The sizes are listed above… 255 will fit, 245 even better and if your only going to run a 2GR a 245 or 255 is plenty of tire…

1 - 5 of 5 Posts