·
Since 1999*
7,117 Posts
Here...No clicky

Looks cheap as f%#$ to me

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
why do you say that...it looks similar to the ss auto quality...which has had a hit or miss factor but other than that they are of fair build...the 2j guys use them and run 8 second passes on their quality....

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually now that i look at it... it Looks like a stock 98 camry header except those main runners are straight down instead of a curvy look.

·
Since 1999*
7,117 Posts

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
tvismr2 said:
It just looks cheap to me, I also don't like the length of the runners. I like the Hotshot header design better.

http://www.2kracing.com/product_info.php/cPath/9_66_1384/products_id/2055
it looks crooked to me! :lol2:

plus im not seeing a b-pipe. considering that EVERY other mr2 header includes a b-pipe, thats pretty half assed to not include one. i too like the hotshot design best (and obx, its like a mirror'd knockoff).

S

·
0 Posts
That In no way looks like ssac. Looks cheap. Extremely cheap. I dont like the o2 sensor position either.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TomsMR2 said:

plus im not seeing a b-pipe. considering that EVERY other mr2 header includes a b-pipe, thats pretty half assed to not include one. i too like the hotshot design best (and obx, its like a mirror'd knockoff).
Thats because its for a celica but i figure you could custom the rest if you wanted to. but yeah that's a cheap lookin header.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The HME header didnt come with a b-pipe and it is awesome.. And whats wrong with the O2 placement? It is just like the HME header which is better than the SSAC and OBX because it is after the collecter...

·
Since 1999*
7,117 Posts
TomsMR2 said:

Yeah I was wondering about the B pipe as well. At least you can run the secondary cat. :thumbup

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
you can install the 2nd cat.. just cut the pipe and put it in.. if you cant weld, you can clamp it (clamps work surprisingly well).. or pay a shop a minimal charge to properly weld it up..

.. thats actually what im working on.. ive got the second cat on already, im trying to weld in tabs to hold the stock manifold heat shield on my header.. no officer, its stock, see the cat and the heat shield! :lol2:

·
Since 1999*
7,117 Posts
I've got the HotShot header with a (very nicely done w/ nice bends/welds) custom b pipe w/ inline cat, out to a magnaflow muffler. The b-pipe that I got with my header had the common leaky flexpipe, so I had a custom one made. I only paid $100 for my header from someone local hehe. I think it sounds pretty good. It sounded like ass when I had no cat's on. It was loud and raspy. It'd be nice if I didn't have 2 broken manifold studs :cry:

Edit: I just read what you said about the heat shield. Post pics if u get it done. I wanna see that :thumbup My car actually smells like it's running pretty clean w/ only having the secondary cat. Makes me wonder if I can pass smog (minus visual lol). I might just take it down to a buddies shop and have 'em pre-test it for me to see :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts