MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
sounds not bad for aftermarket foglights.
From Euro site the price is really good.But if youre lucky you sometimes find brand new OEM foglights for 100gbp on forums.
by looking of the images with the beam pattern - like on most fake HID kits the light seems to produce strokes too - the most undesired and anoying effect on carlights.But i can be wrong here as its hard to tell from images only.
I guess the beam pattern is not that important on foglights..i had mine on like once a year.

·
NORCALMR2.com
6,506 Posts
Apokryphos said:
Yes the cover is glass. Its a tad thinner than the oem glass but overall good.
If those aftermarket fog thin glass are a concern, try using a 3M Stongard or LaminX clear protector to ensure your investment.
Imagine this protector as a thicker version of those clear bra.

Example of 3M Stongard over OEM factory fog lamps:

I have them on to prevent pitting, chipping, and cracks.

~ Tommy

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
^ noted. I don't even have the lights yet lol, but I've been watching these threads since a week after I JUST missed them on ebay @ $50 last year. Right after about 10-20 people bought them at $50-55, the prices jumped up to 150-125 and have dropped about $5 a month. Two to three weeks ago I saw them at $82, and I saw about 3-5 people bought them at that price, and they jumped to $87. Its like a god forsaken stock market algorithm that is matching price to the demand. Almost makes me not want to live on this planet anymore.

·
NORCALMR2.com
6,506 Posts

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Is there something you need to know? I used the wiring provided with oem fogs on one of my 2's and the replica fogs with the oem wiring on my other one.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thats what I wanted to know. I don't have fogs but really want some to get rid of that miata/ =D look my 2 has right now. I saw these and was like alright but as with all ebay stuff I was a little concerned with wiring and if I needed any other mounting brackets or anything or just cut the holes for them and go?

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
you would need the oem mounting brackets but i know a few people that installed them without the bracket and haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
i'm not going to buy them until they reach $55-60. they are not worth 20 times what it cost to make them. simple.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Tj_saxon said:
The oem mounting brackets they cheap/easy to install? What do they do hold the fogs in place?
Yes they are. You just need to remove one bolt from the front of the car and the bracket pops on then just screw the bolt back in.

The mounting bracket helps align that little rod/ stick thing that is next to the light cap.

Here is a pic of the complete bracket. I say complete because when u buy them new, the actual bracket and those plastic inserts that are at the bottom are Two separate parts.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
left bracket - 52126-17010
right bracket - 52125-17010

I believe those are the part numbers for the brackets. Sorry i cant find my receipt for when i installed my fog lights with the part numbers for the other plastic insert.

Try sending an email to this person.

http://mr2oc.com/member.php?userid=6191

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ok thank you guys soooo much for all the help, at first I was a little doubtful I was gonna be able to do this but now I am beyond confident on everything EXCEPT the fact I have to cut my bumper =((( It is going to be such a sad day.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Tj_saxon said:
Ok thank you guys soooo much for all the help, at first I was a little doubtful I was gonna be able to do this but now I am beyond confident on everything EXCEPT the fact I have to cut my bumper =((( It is going to be such a sad day.
If you can take off your front bumper I'm pretty sure all MR2 bumpers have an arrow where to cut for fog lights on the back of the bumper grill. My old na-turbo swap 2 had it so I would Imagine they all do.
I have the yellow ones on my car and they look great but arent quite yellow enough. Anyone know how to aim the light manually if the screw is stripped?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
SpinFin said:
They are actually not that dark at all.

Ughh it's too bad they made aftermarket fog lights but kept the old looking housing!

I wish it looked clear like the photo above where the housing is removed. Is there a way to make a crystal clear housing and just using that? That would look amazing and update the Mr2 a lot.

·
Crazy OEM nut.
7,328 Posts
FYI, I've had one of the aftermarket ones on and one brand new OEM unit on for awhile now. The aftermarket lens is noticeably more brown looking...like there's a higher lead content in the glass or something, which might very well be the case.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I have a question I have these in clear but my question is I put hids In them but for some reason only one is turning on and the other doesn't it did but kept on turning off. What could I do to fix this?

21 - 40 of 66 Posts