MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
continued from Part II

So The lights now are down to $87 shipped. I'm thinking about getting a set. It seems they drop in price about $5 a month though. Looking for more experiences with these before I pull the trigger. As discussed previously, they will probably require dis-assembly before they are even installed to correct cheap wiring crimps / build.

smoked ebay fogs

·
Registered
553 Posts
they don't looked THAT smoked... I've seen people with smoked corner lights and they're pretty much blacked out thats why I'm asking for actual pictures

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
they are actually not that dark in person. my friend has them on his black SW and they look great. Although he did have to re-seal one of the lenses since it came off during installation

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
may get some smoked ones with quality yellow bulbs from hella or piaa then.

cant decide. I really like yellow lenses.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
@Hardtop2: Both of those cars are beatiful.

My question is how easy is it to switch the oem wiring into these cheap fog casings? Do I need pull the glass?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
They are actually not that dark at all.

The connector they use is the type found in most common H.I.D lighting kits these days.

Hope this helps.

I bought them, because they look really nice, clean non chipped class and look good on a black SW20, with the subtle tint, in my opinion. I don't even ever really use the foglights anyway, and I barely drive the car anyway. These are there for "show" you could say, they are not even plugged in. Just mounted, for reasons stated above. If I really want, I still have the OEM foglights with yellow installed capsules that I can swap in if I wanted to flash a "JDM" appearance, which I don't really have any interest in doing. I like keeping the car's colors simple. Polish/Black/Clear

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bought the yellow ones and I had to cut the wires from the oem plug and put on the plug provided in the kit so the connectors would match up. No joke, the wiring and connectors are p.o.s in the kit. I tried installing them yesterday. 1 works and the other wont come on so tonight after work I need to see if its a bulb issue or if I have to pull out the guts and rewire everything... I wish I had my oem ones but they were in such bad condition Id rather pay 90 bucks then the few hundred that toyota wanted to charge for oem ones...

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I would hate to think if someone asked for an even closer shot of the fog lights. We would just see a shot of the front wheel gap.

Any non-stancestastic photos?

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
you can clearly see the lense in the picture where it was removed from the housing. the tint is really light and not dark at all

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
walka said:
I would hate to think if someone asked for an even closer shot of the fog lights. We would just see a shot of the front wheel gap.

Any non-stancestastic photos?
lol i know right. there are some on the previous threads but they arent any better. When I finally buy mine I will be sure to

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
but the front glass is acually glas like the OEM parts right?
Anyone wrote a feedback about the quality?
guess i must check in the previous threadpts?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Daemonslayer said:
but the front glass is acually glas like the OEM parts right?
Anyone wrote a feedback about the quality?
guess i must check in the previous threadpts?
Yes the cover is glass. Its a tad thinner than the oem glass but overall good. The mounting tabs have been beefed up in the mold.
Only quality concern everyone has seems to be the crimping in the wiring. You should give the connections a once/twice over with a crimper, or re-crimp using your own stuff. Definitely inspect them. Some members that have fogs just re-use the oem wiring they already have installed for these housings

I still think they are way too expensive. It's less than $3 in materials to make it, and shoddy wiring/crimping to boot. Not to mention a member in one of the previous threads said one of the bulbs burned out in under a month.

Plus you will have to buy oem fog brackets or make your own.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts