MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And here I thought Civics were supposed to be cheap:

I ran across this on the S2000 board, apparently some stealership here in Texas. I actually saw one parked in a shopping center yesterday, not a bad looking car and it would make a fun beater.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
haha thats funny. i remember looking at an evo when they came out and the dealer wanted 42 grand for it.

on another note, i drove an Si. i like it a lot.

·
Registered
417 Posts
$34,000??? Holy cr*p! That is $10,000 than my Integra Type R stickered for back in 2000 (which currently only has 17,000 miles on the clock, & is paid for!)! If I were looking for another car and I ran across this window sticker......I'd think that I would buy the S2000 or just toss in another 6-7 grand and buy a nice used Acura NSX and own 10 times the car, compared to the Civic!!!
Mystic363 (Neil)

puke:Honda Dealership!

·
Registered
973 Posts
The sad thing is that with $34k, you could buy many combinations of new and/or used cars and trucks (and boats, jet skis, motorcycles, snowmobiles -- pick your poison) that would be so much more satisfying to own than one Civic Si. Buying a new car is fun, but appreciating the value of your purchase would be tough with this "deal."

(and this, coming from somebody who bought one of the first 06 Civics in the U.S.)

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
WTF is the $12,988.00 for?? looks like the car itself is $20k, and $495.00 for 'pro pack'. is that a $13k destination charge? :lol:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's the mark-up, i.e. "I'm a greedy bastard and I want all the money I can get out of a sucker" charge.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I used to work for a Honda/Acura Dealership.
Propack is a piece of ____. It consists of door/wheelwell guard trim. That it self is a markup used as a disguise when you buy a car underpriced. The markup is 12988 is insane. That is how much markup S2000's were. They must not be producing that many Civic SI compare to before. Just wait half a year and it will be MSRP.

Even at MSRP of 20k. You can spend 1-2K more to get a RSX-S.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Hmm. MRSP for the RSX Type-S is $23.8k. I guess you could get it for around 21-22ish after you bargained with the dealer.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I'd rather have my 06 LX and $17k in the bank ;) The 140hp version is still satisfying (esp. with the 5-spd) and (when it's warm), I realistically achieve on regular 87 octane mid-30's in mostly city commuting and above 40mpg in all freeway. Wouldn't mind the seats, wheels, sunroof, and extra 57hp from the Si tho! :smile:

(below) Oz, I don't think you'll like it. You've already been spoiled too much by your RWD Toyota MR2 and Lexus IS300!! ;) IMHO, only an NSX or S2000 (possibly a 3.2TL) could be enjoyable after having two of Toyota's finest...

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
MR2Bliss said:
The dealership I work for has no ADM so the SI's are about 22K after all is said and done, they got everything
Navigation and everything out the door for 22k? Not bad if that is true...but I would have to drive one before I could say I would take it over the RSX.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
i don't understand people who buy new cars like these... with 34K, that's in the price range of some very nice sports cars

i'd get a supra TT with 34k =)

·
Premium Member
2,254 Posts
we have a 06 SI hanging out in our body shop with door damage we have to put a new door on it cause a plow took out the old one. i like the car ALOT! it only has 4 miles on it! lol i will see if i can get a picture of it. its a awsome little car.

·
Premium Member
14,333 Posts
^^^ Little?

I was sitting next to one at a stop light in my MR2 a couple weeks ago... It was towering over me, and my car is stock as far as suspension goes. New Civics have been huge for years.. they're not really "compact" anymore =/

1 - 20 of 44 Posts