MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i failed in my hunt for an MR2. i did however go with toyota. and the car will have an MR2 heart as soon as i get get the finances in order. what you ask did i buy. well my friends, i happened to stumble upon an '86 for $200, so yeah, i bought that. body needs a lot of lovin', and i am tending to the engine that came in it now, talk about about being way off in the timing department (180 exactly off). i snap a couple pics soon for ya, and let me know if anyone wants to get rid of their supercharged motor. :angel:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you'll have to give me your number again, i'd love to see your mr2 as well. i moved out to bellevue, we are selling the house on westend. still not too far from school for ya.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah, not far at all. Most of my stuff is online for school though. I tried to find your number awhile ago and couldn't but mine is 430-1407. Bellevue sounds nice (to many po-po's in the city for me, mr2=tickets for me), I am now up 24 in the Jeolton area. Bought it and my water heater didn't want to keep working (electrician mislabeled the breakers), worse news is it made me miss the last meet. Anyways after I get some new plugs for the 2, I will be over. Not too sure what kind of plugs to go with???

·
Registered
384 Posts
Let me know if you need to replace any of your fender or quarter trim, I am getting ready to put on my N2 fender flares and I'm going to cut my fenders out,
I pulled the AC, cruise, and power steering out and have those parts around if you need any..
You get a coupe or a hatch? I got an 86 Hatch..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's a coupe, i need to replace the driver's side front fender, it's purty trashed. what are air con, cruise, and power steering used for? :)

spent the morning working on it, the the timing belt was off by like 3 teeth, and i think the distro is off, b/c it is still backfiring out of the intake a little, with no power. my timing light is f-ed, so i'm waiting on a buddy to bring his over now.

·
Registered
384 Posts
had the dizzy seals been changed? after I did mine the gear on the dizzy shaft can be put on 180 out which really screwed the timing up..had to swap it and then it purred like a kitten, As soon as I get my body kit put on mine is going on ebay or for sale...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jdoggmr2 said:
had the dizzy seals been changed? after I did mine the gear on the dizzy shaft can be put on 180 out which really screwed the timing up..had to swap it and then it purred like a kitten, As soon as I get my body kit put on mine is going on ebay or for sale...

i don't know what was done to it before i bought it, the guy said the t-belt broke on it, so her put a new one on, but the distro looks brand new, and i'm thinking that it's got to be off 180, or close, b/c it will run, kind of, oh well, finally got my money for the old suspension i had on the audi, so now i can spend more money on the 86. going to try and work on it more this weekend, probly before the superbowl or something. idk, at some point this weekend though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts