MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

181 - 198 of 198 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Now thru March 6th, $100 off any complete (front & rear) brake kit with coupon code "brakes2020"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone have a solution for handbrake I upgraded to a 356mm K sport rear brake disc kit but now they say does not come with handbrake, They are happy to refund but after waiting. 3 months I wondered if there is a way to add just the handbrake calliper like the Wilwood above so keep my set up rather than refund and wait a long time. Their website was not clear and they admit that it should have said no handbrake for my MR2 Turbo..
Preferably a UK option to sort this or get a refund and find a kit that has a disc this big 356mm

·
Premium Member
13,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
As far as I know my kit is the only rear big brake kit for the SW20 that keeps the hand brake. I do ship to the UK.

Reactions: Kalkarma

·
Premium Member
13,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
How much for a kit sent to UK and what size is the disc, plus lead time?
Disk size is 12.19", or 309mm. Just my opinion, but I think bigger than that is just extra weight on these cars.

Shipping on a complete kit (front and rear) to the UK is $300. It might be cheaper to get what you can of the Wilwood parts locally and just order the basic kit from me, but it also may not save you much. Depends on what the parts end up costing you locally.

Lead time should be about 1 week plus shipping time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As far as I know my kit is the only rear big brake kit for the SW20 that keeps the hand brake. I do ship to the UK.
Now the company JDM in UK are saying they will not refund me as they say they work but I need to find a solution for a pot brake to fit on a MR2. Does your kits that you make have the part for the mechanical spot brake only?

·
Premium Member
13,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Now the company JDM in UK are saying they will not refund me as they say they work but I need to find a solution for a pot brake to fit on a MR2. Does your kits that you make have the part for the mechanical spot brake only?
Only for the rotor size in my kit.

·
Premium Member
13,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Bummer Ok So It will have to be a custom job then as now I have the kit I cant not have a hand brake
Good luck. If you end up going with the Wilwood MC4 and need cables let me know, I can sell you just the custom cables that I use in my kit.

·
Premium Member
13,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
It attaches to the stock dust shield bolt holes with a custom sheet metal bracket that I produce. You can see it in the installation instructions (on my site).

·
Registered
18 Posts
It attaches to the stock dust shield bolt holes with a custom sheet metal bracket that I produce. You can see it in the installation instructions (on my site).
so your bracket would work bit because the kit I have for the discs are 356mm, they are too big for your spot brake?

·
Premium Member
13,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
so your bracket would work bit because the kit I have for the discs are 356mm, they are too big for your spot brake?
Right, my bracket is specific to the rotor diameter in my kit. You would need one quite a bit bigger. Also the offset of the disk vs the hub may be different and that needs to be accounted for in the bracket as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Right, my bracket is specific to the rotor diameter in my kit. You would need one quite a bit bigger. Also the offset of the disk vs the hub may be different and that needs to be accounted for in the bracket as well.
Thank you Alex. I appreciate your help mate

181 - 198 of 198 Posts