MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1986 4A-GE MR2
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,

I just picked up a project car from my neighbor. Its a 1986 Toyota MR2 that is in pretty good condition all things considered. However there are some things I need to ask.

1. Where can I find a service manual that isn't in the 200 dollar range.
2. I'm aiming to make this a drift car and have no idea what I'm doing. Where can I find resources to start working towards this goal?
3. It seems like a fairly stock 4A-GE, but should I do a rebuild or just swap all together?

Hope to hear back and glad to be part of this community. :)

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
Decent AW11’s are hard to come by so hope you don’t destroy. BTW, being mid engine, MR2’s dont make good drift cars. They tend to swing around and go backwards.
Welcome to the club…..

·
Registered
1986 4A-GE MR2
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Decent AW11’s are hard to come by so hope you don’t destroy. BTW, being mid engine, MR2’s dont make good drift cars. They tend to swing around and go backwards.
Welcome to the club…..
fair point. Maybe I’ll make it a track car instead? I know they are hard to control but I really want to have fun with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys and gals,

I just picked up a project car from my neighbor. Its a 1986 Toyota MR2 that is in pretty good condition all things considered. However there are some things I need to ask.

2. I'm aiming to make this a drift car and have no idea what I'm doing. Where can I find resources to start working towards this goal?
3. It seems like a fairly stock 4A-GE, but should I do a rebuild or just swap all together?

Hey guys and gals,

I have a 1986 MR2. Service manual, I just bought a haynes manual online. Found it very helpful. My MR2 when I bought it had an after market dual exhaust. Sounds sweet. Very sweet. What I found the best and a must. Strut bar supports on the front and back. The hardest for parts from my experience is body trim and some interior and electrical switches etc. A lot of web searching Kijiji, ebay etc. If you re-paint Zen graphics in UK has the complete decal set.https://shop.zengraphics.co.uk/toyota-mr2-mk1-bonnet-hood-plexi-glass-stripes-hatch-bumper-replacement-decals-stickers-t-bar-4a-gze-supercharged-restoration-replacement-14-aw11-graphics-badges-vinyl-1984-1989-w10-coupe-first-genera

1 - 4 of 4 Posts