Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just wondering what the pros and cons are
when comparing the haltech units vs the nemesis units

·
Automotive cartographer
4,402 Posts

You're kidding, right? How about jumper-configurable plug and play for any gen2 & gen3 harness vs. wire and pray? A usable Windows interface vs. an ancient DOS interface? Great knock detection capabilities vs. hope you don't ever ping? 24 outputs vs. four? The Nemesis also offers integrated wideband capabilities, 32X32 resolution, good control of the stock ISC for idle control, the ability to run sequential injection and ignition simultaneously and good starting base maps.

·
Registered
827 Posts
sure it is. All USDM MR2 Turbos use the Gen2 engine. The Gen3 was only available in the JDM (and some other markets like Australia) from 93-99. The "Gen1" engine was only found on the 88-89 Celica All-Tracs here in the US. That said, the standard Nemesis system will not work with the Gen1 engines since the ECU connector is completely different.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Tomg said:
91 is gen2, so it is...available for you my friend.
Cartune motorsport's old website got me confused because they listed the USDM as gen1, gen2 as JDM...Cartune Motorsports, thank you for the misinformation and making me look like an ()() :thumbdown

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
wow! you were way off.....in the USA you'll only find GEN II motors in the mr2's. GEN III's are only in japan and the UK...and for GEN I's, i think they are found in celica's (??)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts