MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a long time since I have tuned my mr2 and Im having a couple gremlins with some of the settings on the nemesis.

The ISC settings is one of them that seems like it affects more than just idle speed. By adjusting the proportional value I can produce a clicking noise with high values in the engine bay. These settings seem to affect only slight throttle positions at closed or slightly open. What settings could work good for my car? at cruise when I let off the throttle and just barely push on it again Ill get a hesitation and popping out the exhaust.

Also, would it be possible to improve the ignition maps without a load holding dyno? Im talking about slight minor adjustments to the off-boost cruise maps to say get better gas milage and improve low end torque. I do have the wideband function as well.

Thanks for your time..

Steve

·
Automotive cartographer
4,402 Posts
If you raise the proportional value well above where it should probably be, you will probably hear increased activity from the ISC valve.

There is a section in the Nemesis troubleshooting guide on idle speed issues. I suggest that you follow the direction here on how to set the idle PID values.

As far as the pop goes, set your dynamic enrichment and dynamic enrichment coefficients to zero and then make sure that your throttle pump map has at least 35-40% across the board.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.