MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the Nemesis has the direct fire option available and using the Toyota Coil on plug setup but can that be adapted to another CDI like an Autronic CDI so that you may be able to go beyond the 400HP that you recommend for the Toyota plugs?

If not I have a set of 4 of the Mercury marine coils which are supposed to be a very hot coil can that be adapted to the Nemesis Direct fire just like the Coil on Plug. ( I would thing so jsut looking at how the coil on plug is wired )

Thanks,
Scott.

·
Automotive cartographer
4,402 Posts
Yes, but depending on the CDI box you may need an adapter box. John Santesson is currently running a Nemesis with an MSD DIS-4 and Yamaha R6 COPs through an adapter box. You also have the option of running a wasted spark setup like the TEC3. You could, for example, keep your TEC3/GM coils and wires and get an MSD DIS-2 and an adapter box and continue to run the same coils you've been runing.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool

Well I was planning on selling the TEC3 complete so those coils won't be available but I do have the Mercury marine coils that should work as well.

Once againg the Nemesis delivers. :)

-Scott.

E

·
0 Posts
Scott,

Be careful with those MM coils. They have extremely low primary resistance...almost a dead short so that they can transfer hugh amounts of current.

Lots of CDI boxes {read as: MSD} have been killed trying to run them for extended periods.

The Autronic, Motec, and EFI Technology CDI's tend to have very little problems with them. I know of one guy running 2 per channel as waste spark on an R500 Autronic one!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was the plan..

Autronic CDI to run the MM coils.

-Scott.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts