MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a guy selling knock off SSRs just like rota d2s. they are silver faced and look hella good and the price is cheap. The only thing is the offsets on them and size.

They are 17x7 plus 38s all the way around.

Looking atht he mr2 site caluclations it says i need a 15 mm up front and a 28 in the rear to make them flush. This sounds like a crazy amount. Is it safe to runs spacers when they get that large? So basically i woud need a 15 up front and a 25 in the rear to get this looking good?

Or could i run a 5 in the frotn and a 15 in the rear and it'll look good?

As far as tires it'll be a 40 series. And probably 215f/225/r. Or a 205f/225 rear.

What are your thoughts on spacers and should i even get these wheels? They are 400 bucks so I think its a good price since rotas go for 650 but at this point if I need to buy spacers for both front and rear it'll cost as much as getting good rota wheels. So any thoughts? cuz i'm picking these up tomorrow if anything.

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
They wont look bad in front as is (perfect flushness is highly overrated IMHO, especially on a stock body). The rear would definetly DEFINETLY bennefit from a 15mm or so spacer, just to make it look evenly tucked front and rear.

Still, 120 bucks for spacers, and you still dont have staggered wheels. Better off getting the rotas for another 130 more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts