MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help!!! when my car is on I can hear some rattleing noise somewhere in the tranny area but when I step onto the clutch then the noise go away. So everytime I let the clutch go the noise come back. this really bother me. If anyone know what the problem are please help me out...thank you very much in advance...Oh my car is a 1991 MR2 turbo

Hai Q

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
MIDSHIP-MR2 said:
What exactly do I need to do so I can tell my machanic...thanks
needs to have the t/o bearing shaft cleaned thoroughly and relubed -- also the fork needs to be thoroughly cleaned and relubed at the pivot point on the trans, behind the t/o bearing and where the slave rod meets it -- then the squeaking noise will be gone -- also lubing the inpit shaft splines where the clutch rides

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
MIDSHIP-MR2 said:
Thanks Mister3 for your help. I still a little confuse on what to do :(
i'm doind a swap within the next few days -- when i am assembling the engine/trans i'll photograph the process and post it so everything is crystal clear for everyone

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mister3 said:
i'm doind a swap within the next few days -- when i am assembling the engine/trans i'll photograph the process and post it so everything is crystal clear for everyone
Thanks Mister3...that would be awesome.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mister3 said:
Hey mister3...any luck with the pics by chance ;)

·
Registered
713 Posts
I had the same squeaking problem. Believed it was the T/O bearing as well. Did the clutch "clevis" adjustment and it fixed the problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts