MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think im ready yo make my own exhaust now, decided to just copy what is stock just in 3inch mandrel bent piping, note where can i get a muffler like a stock one that flows better. not trying to make it sound like a honda civic but more like a 350z (i know its a V6 but) . my cars a all 100% stock mr2 turbo with 40k original.....so i want to make this mr2 an example of a premo mr2, not a rice pos.... thanks blake .so 2.75 or 3inch pipe?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I'm going to make a similar system with a long fat Magnaflow in place of the stock muffler. 3" is the only way to go on a single-pipe exhaust IMO. Take a look at Magnaflow, Dynamax and Borla's websites and look for a size and configuration you want for your muffler. Anything that is a straight-thru design is good. Magnaflows in general sound deep and bassy, Dynamax more raspy, and Borla more growly. Good luck

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i want it to be duel exit still and can find local a exhaust can like the stock one. also can you weld stainless steel to aluminized steel? I think i could sell it to, but was thinking just for me now, note im going to the junk yard to get the stock mr2 exhaust mounts for that no-shake exhaust look.. just give me a few tips on making it thanks blake

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, i found the muffler, a Borla XS its just like the stock as far as how the inlet and outlets are. it will be a three inch inlet with duel 2.5 inch outlets. but i dont have a down pipe or mid pipe yet, and was planing to get a three inch style should i wate or make it fit the stock mount? do you all know how borla sounds ? and tips would be great also where can i get some 4inch angle cut tips? (single wall) thanks blake

1 - 5 of 5 Posts