MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas, i need help w/ the stock endlink nuts on the mk2. they have the hex bolt that goes in the middle of the nut. anyways, any suggestions? ive had a pain taking them off in the front so i just grinded them down w/ the angle grinder and said forget it. but i upgraded my enlinks so i didn't care. now, im going to help a friend in a week or two. any suggestions that could make removal easier so i don't have to grind his out and make him upgrade. thanks in advance fellas!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Allen key in the center, box end (14mm I beleive) around the actual nut, lots of penetrating lube and a give it the heave-hoe. Good luck

·
Premium Member
13,157 Posts
Break them loose with a wrench first, then put the allen in the center and use the wrench to take them off. Mine were really easy when I did them.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, thanks fellas. yeah, those things are a pain!! hopefully my friend upgrades the endlinks at the same time. that'd be easier!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
theres many methods here as they are a PITA to deal with. first you can pb blast it and try to loosen it that way with the allen key if it feels like it's going to strip the allen key chances are it will. second method is the heat it up loonggg try not to burn the rubber ball cover. if worst comes to worst and you have truely stripped the allen hole you can always as hard as you could get a vise grip and grip the black ball joint on it (with all your might) at this point it will destroy the rubber but will get the job done. heat it up and just unscrew it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts