MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I picked up a 93 turbo a couple of days ago. I pulled the engine to verify/check everything over before I start an autox season and further modifications to the vehicle. Upon opening up the motor, I find this:

I know it's a stock rod, but the rod bolt doesn't appear to be stock and has a stamping on it that is: 2 R B 31. Where the "R" is where the usual "M" is located.

I presume this is a marking of an engine rebuilder, but I'm not sure who. Anyone have any clues?

-Brad

·
Registered
777 Posts
hi brad, from the pick it seems that the rod is the number two rod. a lot of builders will number it like that, as far as the R marking i have no idea. arp rod bolts. i cant tell by the pic, but i dont see the oil hole in the rod. is the rod installed in the right direction?
albert

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they all have the same markings on them. The pic is of rod number one, thus the oil pump adjacent to it. (and bearing cap 1/2 on both sides of it)

These are not ARP quality nuts. At least not the quality I'm use to seeing.

-B

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.