MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought a 1991 Sw20 with the N/A 2.2L motor. It started and ran when I bought it no issue but it needed a new clutch. That being said I did all of that, replaced clutch put the transmission back in hooked up everything else and I was so pumped to finally be able to take it out on a drive. I put the key in after hooking up the battery and turned it and No crank, I got out and realized after quick inspection that it was just the starter wire that wasn’t connected. I put it back on and gave the car another crank but this time the alarm went off, I got out and Un hooked the battery to stop it. Now whenever I reconnect the battery to the terminals the Theft alarm starts goin off and my car gets no crank at all. I’ve read it’s something to do with the starter relay being stopped by the anti theft system and I’ve tried everything to try and fix it but so far nothing has helped. I really just want to see this wonderful car back on the road. Anything will help, any suggestions, tips or more information.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Change FOB battery.
Let alarm run through it's cycle then try to disarm it with FOB.
Remove fuse or brain for alarm.
Dig into the wires and set back to OEM.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Check your door locks. In the past, the lock sensor wasn't disarming the alarm and would go off when I opened the drivers door. Happened on both my turbos

1 - 5 of 5 Posts