MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
IMO no need for custom shocks. Koni Yellows will get you there. Crash bolts with autox alignment, sway bar (TRD or ST, kind of a driver preference I suppose) 710's or S04's, and maybe a muffler swap. That's about it. Now it's all about seat time.
-Ryan
(who loves living in warm weather now, even though I have committed a sin by driving a CS Miata!)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to have a Miata. What is the autox alignment and what are those crash bolts? Is it necessary to o change the front sway?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
tmak26b said:
I used to have a Miata. What is the autox alignment and what are those crash bolts? Is it necessary to o change the front sway?
Search. Yes, since you asked about being nationally competitive.

·
Stealth Moderator
1,284 Posts
tmak26b said:

IMO....it is the most important change you can make to the car.

See-
http://web.mitsi.com/autocross/

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not sure about the front sway because it made my Miata drove like crap on the street. Yes the car definitely drove faster, but it felt like crap because of the soft soft springs. I hope MR2 will be better

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
80k mile koni sports, addco bar, crash bolts, ditch muffler, drive butt off.

Talking about the "street ride" being crap while asking about nationally competitive cars is sorta silly, isn't it?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
There are two bolts that attach the knuckle to the strut. Normally, those bolts fit exactly and allow no play. "Crash" bolts are smaller and allow play in the knuckle to strut fit so that the mechanic could add or remove camber back to factory spec (typically done after a crash). Autocrossers use them to get more camber because they are allowed by the factory for repairs.

http://web.mitsi.com/autocross/faq.html

·
Registered
35 Posts
Slightly off topic, but I recently saw a Miata with electronically adjustable shocks. The adjustment was reachable from the drivers seat. If the car came out it would run SM. Legal or illegal?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts