MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, what's going on Alex. This is Andy.Red MKII @ Summit. Glad to you'll be there. Will this be your first time at VIR?

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
<-- will prob cornerwork, $299 is hard to come by for me these days...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey Andy how was your first time out on the track? Nope this is my 2nd time down there. I got most of the track figured out just need to start pushing more. VIR really isnt fun on stock suspension or without much power... Good thing I finally upgraded the suspension at least.

I'll be instructing but if I have free time I'll give ride along if any of you are interested.
I'm not really the fastest person on the track tho...

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
LMK what cars you guys are driving, I'll give you guys a special wave as you go by my corner :p

·
Registered
176 Posts
Blue MR2 Spyder.
You cant miss it since its the only MR2 that usually shows up during mid-atlantic NASA events.

Hope that special wave isnt a red flag! :D

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
I'll think of something, it'll probably be dumb/goofy

I remember your car, but if there are any others (like that MK2 guy that said he might be going....)

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ashura said:
Hey Andy how was your first time out on the track? Nope this is my 2nd time down there. I got most of the track figured out just need to start pushing more. VIR really isnt fun on stock suspension or without much power... Good thing I finally upgraded the suspension at least.

I'll be instructing but if I have free time I'll give ride along if any of you are interested.
I'm not really the fastest person on the track tho...
It was a blast. I'm going to the THSCC event the week before. Do you know if Vince is coming?

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
jackstands said:
I think its 150 for a weekend's work unless you're working thursday and friday.
I know what Id get paid, I was saying coming up with $299 to drive is hard...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kbrew8991 said:
I know what Id get paid, I was saying coming up with $299 to drive is hard...

Oh okay, I was about to say, our car club is getting screwed. I actually worked turn 10 last year with a guy from Clemson's car club. Are you a member and is your car club coming up for it. My car club, Madison Motorsports, is going to be there big time. 20-30 folks, half driving, half working.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
yeah I'm one of the Clemson guys... we should have ~8-10

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
^^ Tell Dr. Ken Wagner "Hi" if you ever see him. I think he retired several years ago - but he was my F&C mentor - and one of the coolest guys I ever met - about 30 years ago. I think his son is still around there, though.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
He's still the Club Advisor and all, will do :)

Heyward and Mitch are off around Chattanooga or something these days....

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
Hehe . . .

Heyward was a baby the last time I saw the family - must'a been '77 or so - although we communicated via email a couple of times a few years ago. I've never met Mitch.

Ken was the NA of F&C back then. He was treated so badly by ATL Region at the Runoffs in '77 or '78 that he never went back - and neither did I. And I haven't been since then. I guess I'll go this year, though. Since they moved the Runoffs to Topeka and I'm a MiDiv Steward, I'm kind'a expected to be there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts