Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think I should go with on the K1's in 16/7.5F and 16/8.5R:

It's either

225/45F 245/45R
or
205/40F 225/40R

Those sizes are selected mainly for cost issues and availibility, I don't want to be tearing through sets of Pilot Sports on the track and I want to keep the same sidewall dimension F and R.

The wider setup will give me more rubber on the track, but the lower profile will account for less sidewall mush. . .

It also sounds like some guys think the 45 series is a little too high as far as asthetics go. . .

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
The 45 on a 245 will be 4.2% larger than stock rears on a Turbo. A 40 series would be almost identical to stock. With the 225/40 your speedo will be 2.5% slow, so that's a bit closer. Those sizes aren't a great match. It just depends what you are looking for though. Since I haven't driven an MR2 with other than stock wheels/tires, I can't tell you how much the "feel" would change.

-G-

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gordaen said:
Those sizes aren't a great match. It just depends what you are looking for though.
-G-
Looking for balance really. I figure by keeping the 20-30mm stagger things should still feel pretty good on the track . . .And either set up is a step up in width from the stock specs. . .

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm currently running 205/45/16 on a 7in wide rim, and 225/45/16 on an 8in wide rim and the feel is great. I'm interested in trying wider sizes in the rear, but nothing seems to have the same diameter as the factory setup. I can't find anyone who sells 245/40/16's .

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
your second option should be 45's instead of 40's.

for the track, I'd go with the first choice ....... more contact patch is more contact patch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts