MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently read that all the big name exhaust systems for the 2 like GReddy or HKS were only for the turbos and wouldn't bolt on to an NA. Are there any full exhaust systems for the NA MR2 engines? Preferably for my 3rd gen 3S-GE

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
Actually, yeah there are and greddy and hks are one of them for the 5sfe but you will have to mod the b-pipe to fit on the 3sge. (I think) TKO also makes them for the 5s and will have to mod the b-pipe as well. I think there is a flange that or somethign along those lines being sold by a member on here that you can stick in between the exhaust manifold and b-pipe for it to fit. Not sure if that would work in your case though....

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
and cheapest....but he just was asking if there are any companies for it so maybe he wants prefabbed exhaust.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
what do you want from the catback? sound, qaulity build, power gains?

·
Registered
349 Posts
We make an NA version of the TKO exhaust called the NATKO. It is on our website in the products page. http://www.koracing.net/products.html

It is available in both a std exit (base of stock cat) or SS Autochrome header version (will bolt to base of SSAC header).

Let me know if you have any questions?

·
1994 SMG N/A
3,197 Posts
Tom's, TRD, I believe Fujitsubo, A'Pexi, Tanabe, 5Zigen, T.H. Factory, M.A.O., Kakimoto, ..that's all I can find so far in my book that makes an exhaust system for the 3S-GE. Tom's and Fujisubo also make headers for the 3S-GE. There's also a brand called Dragon that makes test pipes.

here's some threads I found recently while browsing the boards.
http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=83820
http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=84757

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rdyzz said:
what do you want from the catback? sound, qaulity build, power gains?
I'll be as picky as possible and tell u exactly what I want. I love the high pitch whine of the 3S-GE so I don't want the car to sound like a fart can. I want to keep the stock style sound but just make it more intense, but I don't want to set off car alarms (too often :smile: ) and I don't want to attract every cop car in the area. Of course I want high quality. As far as power gains go, I know that NA motors don't respond to bolt-ons like turbos, so I'll be happy with a realistic power gain. Last but not least, looks are important. I got serious about changing the exhaust a few days ago when I took a peek under the car. My stock exhaust is looking pretty ugly and old and it's just got to go. I took a look at the Fujitsubo and it really looks good to me, so can u tell me how it stacks up to all the things I said above? Thanx

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1ofthesedays said:
Tom's, TRD, I believe Fujitsubo, A'Pexi, Tanabe, 5Zigen, T.H. Factory, M.A.O., Kakimoto, ..that's all I can find so far in my book that makes an exhaust system for the 3S-GE. Tom's and Fujisubo also make headers for the 3S-GE. There's also a brand called Dragon that makes test pipes.

here's some threads I found recently while browsing the boards.
http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=83820
http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=84757
Thanks for the list of companies. I'll take a look at all of them and decide. Thanks again

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Well from what the guys i ordered for told me (yes i orderd a fujitsubo exhaust to) was that it is a fairly queit exhaust system. good sounding, sporty, NO FART CAN, as far as loudness i think only a couple of decebles louder than stock. the draw back is it cost $760 shipped and will take 6 weeks to get here. it's all stainless construction and a well know company in japan for quality. Call STREET IMAGE (626)962-1503 talk to Jimmy,Fujitsubo dealer, they are located in CA i belive they don't take your money out until your exhaust gets here good people to deal with. everyone else I called qouted me 860+ dollars. also a fujitsubo header 4-2-1 design will run $850 dollars. I will post a sound clip when mine arrives. probally by april/may when new engine gets put in car. my exhaust should get here by the begainning of march. will post pics.

reason why i bought it was because it cost about 100 dollar more than a NATKO exhaust and all stainless was good.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rdyzz I'll wait for your opinions and for the sound clip before I order mine. Thanx for being the guinea pig on this one. You're running a 3S-GE right?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
no 5sfe but somday i swear I'll have a 3sge.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anybody know of an english Fujitsubo site? I went to the Japanese site but It didn't have an English version. Or does anybody know the product # for Fujitsubo exhaust that will bolt on to a 3rd gen 3S-GE?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
just go to the fujitsubo site and go to product info the exhaust is called the legalis R and keep fowarding untill you see a sw20 3sge thing. or just search fujitsubo on google it will bring you to many fujitsubo related sites.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I already got that far before but I just got a little confused cuz the exhaust they have a pic of has a dual canister set up and the one I saw a couple days ago on a red 2 in the show 'n' shine section (gorgeous 2 BTW!!) had a single canister set up.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Chrisz said:
a single canister setup is for the turbo version
:(

Can it be made to bolt on to the 3s-ge?

Oh well if it can't I'll just go with the NA exhaust. That one looks pretty cool too

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anybody got any pics of the NA Fujitsubo exhaust on their car?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
i might be the first here. I will post pictures probabally march.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
rdyzz said:
i might be the first here. I will post pictures probabally march.
OK cool I'm lookin' forward 2 seeing it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts