MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
-You would need to install an egr into the jdm motor (im assuming you get that) I'm sure that chicoraceworks does that too. So you might as well do that when you get your engine swapped in.

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
hioctane said:
I plan on doing an N/A to Turbo Swap probably from chicoracing. I was wondering how would I pass smog or what is the correct process of getting a swap done. I am totally clueless and I want BOOST!
getting the JDM swaps to pass CA visual and tailpipe emissions require:

EGR install
secondary cat

other than that everything else will pass with flying colors -- we can and do install EGR systems and also secondary cats so all bases are covered when it comes to smogging the beast

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
hioctane said:
also once the engine is swapped in, would the smog people smog my car as turbo or NA? One final question how much for engine + installation and how do does your engine clips include transmission? thankssssssss
well -- the smog techs usually smog it as a NA still -- reason is -- they are too lazy to actually input the data into the computer for the correct engine -- they scan your registration and go from there -- the registration automatically has the vehicle specs inputted into the computer (engine size, transmission, smog equiptment, etc) and the tech just scrolls through it all as fast as possible to get your $$ and get you out of there.

the rear clip includes all parts (most all) from the drivers/passenger seat rearward -- so -- trans is included -- to discuss pricing/install/options email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'll second Mister3 (Josh) on the smog check. The shop that I took mine to did notice that it was a turbo but the test still shows lists NA. As long as the engine was an option for the car ;) they appeared to care less.

By the way, Josh did my swap; he knows his stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts