MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
POST #6000!!
Well after inspiration from takdrifter, and then my bud mr2 Josh I got the courage to do a wire tuck! With the help from a friend of course :angel:

So anyways first off let me say, on a scale of 1 to 10, I personally would rate it around a 4.5. It isnt so much as 'hard' but confusing as to where you want/can route stuff.

Unlike Takdrifter I did not drill a hole by my speaker, I went with Josh's setup and routed it through the gas filler grommet, since it wont be seen anyways with a filter over it.

Anyways here are some before pictures.

·
Registered
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some After Pictures

Can I get rid of this ground or relocate? It isnt oem its just speaker wire attached from the strut bolt to the engine hook..its ugly, can it go?

·
Registered
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last set

Yes I know, the trunk is ugly! However, I didnt want to extend any wires yet. Over winter I will be extending all the harness wires so I can tuck everything in the far left trunk pit. This will be completey tucked and out of the way then.

Parts List
-MSD #8211 (through firewall adapter) $12.30
-Custom Magnecore plug wires 12" long $25.50
-Lots of beer brats
-Dr. Pepper
-Misc. screws/bolts
-Electrical tape (re-taped harness)
-hole saw 1" (to cut firewall adapter)
-Drill/dremel
-COD4 to take breaks

I also want to next hook up my aluminum catch can, and aluminium overflow tank like takdrifter has for a sweet look! I have a Hydra EMS here as well, so next spring look for an updated thread! :thumbup

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I suggest getting that boost controller out of the engine bay, run it through the fire wall and put in the cd storage box, the lines are actually shorter this way also, cd storage mounted boost controller FTW!!

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
sonicboom141 said:
Im getting an ebc once I install my hydra, so I kept the lines oem length for the next owner :)
Why the switch to ebc? boost control issues?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts