MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Blimey i didn't think the filter location was a new thing, i have had the idea to locate it there for years as it seemed the logical choice but on other engine swaps like 3sgte or v6 the throttle body was always on the wrong side of the engine bay, so i have never had a chance to put the idea into practice.

I suppose i could look into making these brackets if the demand was there.

·
Build a 1,500lb La Bala!
753 Posts
paul woods said:
Well my VEMS ECU and modified V8 engine harness came back from Hilly today, i have to say i am blown away by the quality of this guys work, and i haven't even plugged it in yet.My harness is immaculate with all unneccesary wiring removed and everything labelled up perfectly.Everything and i do mean everything is in this package, and to cap it all off he has written a full user manual on fitting and setting up together with a CD ROM with the software on it etc.

image...

Top marks andy, this has taken all of the hard work out of getting this running, sincere thanks mate.

I've built harness' before and do not find them fun or entertaining, just a real pain in the hands and fingertips. I now know from whom I will order my ecu and harness.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Gandalf said:
possibly the bracket can flip to also cover the left side? :)
It could fit in the gasoline door and when you wanted more air you could pop it open!;)

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Just a small update, i am in the process of extending my ECU harness so that it reaches into the cabin, it is important that i get it away from the engine bay heat, hilly has once again been a legend and sent me some shielding for the signal wires.

Other than that i have been waiting for my induction pipework to arrive, i needed some 3.5" alumiunium mandrel bent tubing and i just could not find this in the UK, so i ordered some from the US.... this is just dummy fitted, no clips or anything yet and attaches onto my "inner wing secret airbox" :)

I am nearly ready to pull the engine back out for the final time, prep/paint the bay and pretty everything up for the final build.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Well she is now inside in the dry for the winter and on the mobile lift, this means i can make massive progress this winter to get her ready for next summers show season.

Needless to say i have a ton of work ahead of me.

181 - 196 of 196 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.