MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
paul woods said:
I don't think there are cams available for this engine?

I picked up my new water pump, cambelt and top end gasket sets, came to a grand total of ?360 which is about $500 i think? Not cheap but i want nothing but quality parts on the rebuild.

looks kick ass man.. damn.. hmm.. what about webcam.. i used them before and have had a good experience..

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
paul woods said:
I picked up my new water pump, cambelt and top end gasket sets, came to a grand total of ?360 which is about $500 i think? Not cheap but i want nothing but quality parts on the rebuild.

Roughly $550 USD as of 04/06/2010 @ 12:00pm pac time

1 gbp = 1.5274 usd at that moment

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
eazy2001x said:
looks kick ass man.. damn.. hmm.. what about webcam.. i used them before and have had a good experience..
webcam? yeah we have one of those, put tv.woodsport.org into your browser and then....

username: woodsport
password: tv

Select camera A, java or activex, whatever you have.... that is our workshop.

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
lmao.. no..

http://www.webcamshafts.com/

they use your cams and put on any lobe you want.. so you can have a custom, lift.. duration, ramp, etc...

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Thanks for that, very interesting!

My engine detailing is now completed, i refurbed the top cover which looks spot on.

Also my transmission is now fully cleaned and painted, Anth mixed this metallic shade specially for it.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I have started work on the transmission tunnel, galvanised plates welded in and seam sealed, this area is what's left of my boot, so i will paint it and carpet it out.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Thanks!

I addressed the exhaust "box" venting today, the plan is to seal what boot/trunk i have left off completely from the engine bay and provide the exhaust area with lots of venting, so lots of cold air in and hot air out.

I have grafted in some Mk2 NA engine lid vents directly above the exhaust box area, and i will be making a new sealing surface for the rubber trim that will go around the edge of the box.... this still needs a lot of work but you can see what i am trying to do.

It will look a lot better blended in and painted.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
LOL, i was explaining what the Audi R8 rear exhaust silencer looks like to a friend, needless to say i'm not very good at pictionary.

No time lapse, but we do have a live webcam you can watch.... type tv.woodsport.org into your browser and then enter...

choose camera A, then activex or java, remember the timezone difference, we have just closed for the day so there's no one there right now :)

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
bbarnumboy said:
do you think the exhaust venting will recirculate up to the cabin like that?
I'm not sure i follow? The venting is allowing the heat around the exhaust to escape through the trunklid.... we know there are large amounts of air travelling up through the engine bay when driving, so the thinking is this air will carry all of the hot air out through the vents. Doing it this way keeps my trunk dry and cool (in theory!).

Thankyou andres :thumbup

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Today i got my new crank 60-2 trigger wheel and adapter boss back from the total legend that is Adamh of AH-CNC.... check out the attention to detail...

The man is god when it comes to engineering work like this.

Also i got my timing belt fitted and aligned, they are tricky belts to fit due to the floating cam pulleys with no keyway!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
paul woods said:
LOL, i was explaining what the Audi R8 rear exhaust silencer looks like to a friend, needless to say i'm not very good at pictionary.

No time lapse, but we do have a live webcam you can watch.... type tv.woodsport.org into your browser and then enter...

choose camera A, then activex or java, remember the timezone difference, we have just closed for the day so there's no one there right now :)

NO FREAKING WAY!!!!

O crap, are your lights off or is it not working?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I swaw guys in Paul's shop when I looked the other night. It was 2 or 3am Pac time when I checked. that's about 8 or 9am England time.

Q

·
0 Posts
Hey Paul, I don't know if it's just the angle of the pic or whatever but the two cam belt guides on the left look amazingly close to each other...

Do you think that's weird or do you see lots of engines like this?

81 - 100 of 113 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.