Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Continued from part one which is here http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=346142

I got my exhaust system finished completely today, i changed my rear tail pipe type to these, turned out i just did not have the space for the larger twin silencers...

With the system tacked i took it off for seam welding...

I then got the wideband lambda bosses welded in along with my EGT probe boss.I am also wrapping my whole system to try and minimize heat in the engine bay/boot.

Just two more pipes to wrap and it is ready for final fitting, hopefully the noise levels will be acceptable!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a celette mobile jig loader.... used for lifting crash damaged cars onto chassis straightening jigs, but they find their way into workshops like mine for other uses :)

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well today was a massive day.... ladies and gents i am proud to announce the MR8 is born!

We had problems finding a laptop crappy enough to have a serial port on it, in the end we dragged the office PC out and hooked that up to the VEMS, anyway i will let the video do the talking, the noise this thing makes is the most evil thing i have ever heard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2VDG8uwXRE

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks chris, well the tach is easy, there is a tach output signal on my VEMS which will drive whatever i want.The speedo is not so easy, the audi trans has no speedo output so my options are to mount a speed ring on one of the inboard CV joints with a VR sensor pointed at it and use that to drive an aftermarket speedo.At some point i need speed sensors on all four hubs for the traction control so i might kill two birds with one stone there.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks bill, but i'm afraid you have the youtube copyright on v8 mk1 woohoo's :)

The TC will be controlled by individual speed sensors mounted at each hub fed into a racelogic TC unit... although i think Vems can handle TC as well, but i would rather dedicate the racelogic unit to that.

Someone would have to give me a very big pile of cash indeed to do this as a paying job :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
paul woods said:
You are more than welcome to call into Woodsport for a visit.
Yeah definately, as long as you let me take a couple pics of me with the car, lol, but yeah when that time comes next year i will definately get in contact with you haha

·
Registered
174 Posts
paul woods said:
Thanks chris, well the tach is easy, there is a tach output signal on my VEMS which will drive whatever i want.The speedo is not so easy, the audi trans has no speedo output so my options are to mount a speed ring on one of the inboard CV joints with a VR sensor pointed at it and use that to drive an aftermarket speedo.At some point i need speed sensors on all four hubs for the traction control so i might kill two birds with one stone there.
DASH2 is what you need there, Paul - it's a lovely unit.
http://www.race-technology.com/dash2_2_31.html

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<phil mode on> ah na son, but have you seen the price of it, i'm going to make one out of cornflake packets and gummi bears <phil mode off>

Haven't quite made my mind up on the dash yet... i have a pile of digital gauges already i'd like to use.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.