MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
as soon as i am able to roll my tongue back in my mouth and pull my jaw up from the floor i think ill go wrench on the car for a little. great stuff keep it up

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Calipers now painted with VHT caliper paint, pads fitted too...

A quick pic of my Azevs over the top of the brakes, these are 17" rims to give an idea of the size, i think they fill the rims quite well.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
"The word bespoke itself is derived from the verb to bespeak, to "speak for something", in the specialized meaning "to give order for it to be made".[1] The term bespoke in fashion is reserved for individually patterned and crafted men's clothing, analogous to women's haute couture,[2] in contrast with mass manufactured ready-to-wear (also called off-the-peg or off-the-rack). While widespread in the United Kingdom, the term is rarely employed in the United States, although it may be used by some in the high-end tailoring business." -wikipedia

Never would have guessed it with the context and word breakdown.

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
paul woods said:
Sorry.... i ordered them real special yall , is that the correct US translation? :)
Yup. That is how the way I talk and stuff. *picks nose with one had and holds piglet with the other*

Very cool!! :thumbup

I just figured 'bespoke' was some uber-JDM company (or phrase) that 'everybody' knows about or something...kinda in the same realm as hellaflush... BUAH HA HA HA!!

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
paul woods said:
Sorry.... i ordered them real special yall , is that the correct US translation? :)
Repeat after me:

"Done whittled me out some chunks of 'loomnum with summathem lil' yardbirds off the 'nammeled-over doohickey on the hood. Come out real purty. Better'n store-bought."

Optionally, you may spit for effect.

In related news, Google seems to be available to US users now. So that's a plus :thumbup

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Done whittled me out some chunks of 'loomnum with summathem lil' yardbirds off the 'nammeled-over doohickey on the hood. Come out real purty. Better'n store-bought
Ok i just put that ____ into google translator and it came out with....

I say, i just fashioned some rather spiffing aluminium ornaments for ones charabanc, they happen to be better than retail, marvellous!

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
paul woods said:
Ok i just put that ____ into google translator...
Yes, but did it mention the spit, or even the piglet? Some things get lost in translation. Get you a glass jar of corn liquor (preferably purchased from an unattended hollow tree) and listen to a couple of Hayseed Dixie songs and it'll all start to sound natural...

Hell's bells, that ain't a bad idear 'tall. There went my weekend :toast

81 - 100 of 113 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.