MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #41

The air intake pipework went back on for the final time, still a few clips to add here....

Gearshift assembly refitted... i'm very happy with the outcome of this linkage, it just works really well.

Someone advised me to add a gusset to this area, now that my subframe is back on i can see i have space for that, so i will add one shortly...

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I then plumbed everything up and added lots of finishing touches...

No self respecting Mk1 V8 would be complete without a Jimi bracket now would it....

The bay as it looks now, just the exhaust to rehang, add heatproofing here and there, and finish the boot off....

Right i need a beer, been on this thing since 6am.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
You see those side panels that extend back from the strut tops into the "brunk" ? That is where my silencer sits, there are pics of it earlier in the build.... basically i am boxing it in and venting out of the brunk lid via my "bbq grill" :)

PS. What's a pantera? never heard of that here...

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Ah right, one of those, nice!

The exhaust takes up a fair chunk of the brunk <- :) but i honestly have no other solution, at least this way i get to keep some of the brunk.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
That's quite neat, given me a few ideas that has. I think if my exhaust is just too loud i will have to redesign it something like the Pantera.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
The way your engine bay looks now reminded me of the pantera, so that is why the luggage tray popped into my mind.

The mufflers (silencers) of the Pantera are very short and small (and don't do much) and are mounted under the car at the rear.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
That was my problem, i can't find anything short and square to go in the rear corners that will do a good job of silencing, so the TVR silencer in the brunk is the only choice i have.

I might have to build my own silencers if i can't live with it.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I'm not sure what you have available to purchase, but here in the USA, there is quite a large selection:

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Department/Exhaust/Part-Type/Mufflers/?Ns=Rank|Asc

Have you considered supertrapps ?

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=supertrapp&dds=1

They are adjustable for noise level-- Less Noise = less power (less supertrapp discs installed), or install more disks for more power (and more noise). You can switch back and forth, or try to find some happy compromise.

I had a supertrapp once upon a time (when I was younger and dumber) on a Suzuki Katana 600 (my "Can-O-Tuna"). She was the fastest hunk of junk in town!

Supertrapps can fit in places no other mufflers can.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Chris thanks for those links, i might have to give those a go if my design doesn't work out.

I noticed my oil filter relocation kit ran fairly close to the exhaust on the right hand bank, so i was just about to start making a shield for it when i found a spare Apexi air filter polished cover and would you believe it bolted right onto the filter housing with the two attachment bolts being in exactly the right place!

I love it when you just pick something up sometimes and it just works.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
paul woods said:
I love it when you just pick something up sometimes and it just works.
yeah, me too. Of course for me, it doesn't happen that often ...

... or yet, even :thumbup

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Yeah that's true, but i'm partial to a bit of bling, and this will help keep other crap from hitting the filter too

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Yes i have had the car running today on its new front pulley trigger wheel and i have no more trigger errors, must have been a problem with my Deltavag trigger strip.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Today i got my driveshafts fitted, and exhaust back on the car, then to discover with all the cranking i've been doing lately i've burnt my starter motor out.... go me.

So i need to get a new starter before i can progress.

·
Super Moderator
10,359 Posts
Paul, How do you find time to post on all of these websites and still build such awesome cars?
Did you clone yourself?

41 - 60 of 113 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.