MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Hi Scott, opinions will always be divided on exhaust tips, i looked at many different types and round ones in a quad style just didn't go with the shape of the rear end at all. It will change appearance again when i design the rear diffuser for it that will surround the tips and cover the trans etc.

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
paul woods said:
Hi Scott, opinions will always be divided on exhaust tips, i looked at many different types and round ones in a quad style just didn't go with the shape of the rear end at all. It will change appearance again when i design the rear diffuser for it that will surround the tips and cover the trans etc.
I did notice that they fit the shape of the back end. With that I guess they do fit. I am very picky about esthetics of cars. I just used to love the look of the Pacesetter quad tip I used to have.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I know what you mean about aesthetics, i have a hatred of huge tailpipes though, understated is the way to go..... says he with a V8 stuffed into a Mk1 :)

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
paul woods said:
I know what you mean about aesthetics, i have a hatred of huge tailpipes though, understated is the way to go..... says he with a V8 stuffed into a Mk1 :)
I don't like huge tips either, but I think with the width of your back end, you could go slightly bigger or at least wider and still look proportionately correct.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Finally got the R8 exhaust system fully welded up and fitted today, she sounds much much better than the old TVR silencer, nice and quiet at idle but still with a nice bellow when revved, looking forward to hearing it under load now.

http://youtu.be/5imOKO0ucQI

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been following this on and off since it started but haven't seen anything regarding weight and balance, but like I said on and off..

101 - 113 of 113 Posts