MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #41

With the light up, a reminder i've made some Rogue Mk2 lights fit on the Mk1, they had to be altered a lot to make it work on a Mk1.

Still need to modify the light shrouds too but it's really starting to come together now. Thanks to Jay for his help bouncing ideas off as usual, he has a good eye for these things.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
... not that I shy away from lots of work... lol
I just like how this V8 project is much more than just a V8 project "get 'er done" deal...

Its the whole package.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks, i am trying to build a complete Mr2 V8 rather than just stick an engine in, so the styling is quite important to me too, i don't think there's a single area of the car that hasn't been addressed... just wish it was finished!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Another bank holiday means more V8 work, and i got a ton of stuff done, the other headlight got fitted and also extended the headlight cover as i did the right one, then i got some high build primer onto some repaired areas to get an idea how this thing is going to look and also get an idea how my repairs and modifications are coming along...

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

Door blend has gone well, smooth as marble...

There will be another 2 or 3 coats of this high build with flatting off in between before it is ready for the final primer which will be grey, then the silver basecoat can go on.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Simply stunning. I love that hood so much. The exteneded headlight doors really, really smooth out the frunk line. I cant wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Paul, this is my second post on MR2OC, only to say that this car is looking fantastic and I cant wait to see it with the final paint job. Im especially liking the agressive stance and those extended headlights - brilliant.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Gandalf said:
Paul, you have forgotten something quite crucial...

you still have door handles!! ;) lol
You know that crossed my mind, i removed them on a Mk1 i had a few years ago and made my own remote opening system...

It was a lot of work, i wasn't sure wether to do the same mod on this car.

Thanks for the kind comments guys, everything is going into this build, i spent over an hour just getting the panel gaps around the headlights right lol, is there such a thing as Mk1 OCD?

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
paul woods said:
You know that crossed my mind, i removed them on a Mk1 i had a few years ago and made my own remote opening system...
It was a lot of work, i wasn't sure wether to do the same mod on this car.
lol, is there such a thing as Mk1 OCD?
cool!
It is a fair bit of work, to get the actuators set up right and the doors smoothed, plus having the alarm set up for the handles so that you can get in, and, some kind of emergency release in case of no power...
That reminds me of when I got mine done, quite some time ago now, when I took the car in to A&B Sound to do the alarm install plus the actuators... they kept coming out to ask me questions, I would go in and show them, then they'd kick me out again because I wasn't allowed in their install floor area for liability reasons, etc... but they kept having issues... by the end of the day, I was in there with all of my tools, and they did the passenger side while I did the drivers side.

Then, they offered me a job there! lol.
I should have just tackled it myself... I thought it would be a lot of work... ;)

Oh, and yes, definitely... its called MR2OCD :angel:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
MosquitoXR13 said:
Just a thought... Did you check to see if MK3 Supra headlight doors would work to eliminate the eye lids?
No i didn't to be honest, that might have saved me a bit of work if they were the right size and shape.

Scottgas said:
Paul, maybe i missed something, but did you ever get the newer design transmission in?
No my car still runs with the older type, i wish that trans had been available before i started my swap, it would have saved me so much time, money and effort. If i wanted to go with the new trans now i would have to start from scratch on everything.

·
Registered
332 Posts
paul woods said:
No i didn't to be honest, that might have saved me a bit of work if they were the right size and shape.
Cool, my buddy has a Supra so he has some extra ones sitting around, I guess its worth looking into. I would like to get a similar look going with my 2.

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
No my car still runs with the older type, i wish that trans had been available before i started my swap, it would have saved me so much time, money and effort. If i wanted to go with the new trans now i would have to start from scratch on everything.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I thought you were going to swap to the new trans. I understand why you wouldn't though.

41 - 60 of 113 Posts