MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
TheDoctor - 1gr crank is a no go in a 2gr. I am in raleigh, you can come measure yourself if you want. Maybe once two of us are saying it people will start paying attention!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I will be curious to see this work out, since if it does work out, that will essentially mean the groundwork has been laid to drop in BMW straight 6's since this engine is simply 2 m20's from the e30 merged at the crank to make a 5litre v12 lol.

It also would technically spur on all of the kids who ask "why no 2jz?!?!zomg 2jz!!!" since that is a similar engine size/orientation to bmw's 6s lol... definitely curious how the heck you make this work out though. Best of luck to you.

·
MR2+ES300V6=MR300?
227 Posts
Jared said:
TheDoctor - 1gr crank is a no go in a 2gr. I am in raleigh, you can come measure yourself if you want. Maybe once two of us are saying it people will start paying attention!
That's a shame. An easy half litre boost would have been cool. I suppose the GR family differs too much in the transverse vs. longitudinal varieties.

2 bad

·
Registered
810 Posts
Wow this is so awesome. Not only are you doing a v12 but you figured out a transmission that will make a 2jz possible.

What about the W12 from the Audi A8? 12 cylinders with a little bit new tech.

I was thinking a VR6 into a MK1 as well. I just love this VW motors and their crazy/genius configurations.

·
Registered
345 Posts
If you want a lambo v12 surely you'd just buy a lambo???

Exotica mechanicals in such a car isn't really a practical option because of the outlay for such an engine.....?

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
dgh938peg said:
If you want a lambo v12 surely you'd just buy a lambo???

Exotica mechanicals in such a car isn't really a practical option because of the outlay for such an engine.....?

Hey, don't call him Shirley!

141 - 158 of 158 Posts