MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

101 - 120 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
That's the Rear diff anyway! The gearbox is on the front of the engine. I watched a discovery program on building that car.... The numbers are simply astounding...

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Look at how long that exhaust port is inside the head!
must be interesting manifolds in/out when every other port has 4 extra inches inside the casting.
how much extea heat do those cylinders shed into the head too!

·
Registered
10 Posts
if you can put a v12 in an MK2, then a 2jz would be possible to?
i always thougt it would be impossible to do that swap!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Yes that swap should now be possible using this new transmission, providing the starter motor clears the 2jz block then it will fit, that engine is 2" shorter than the V12.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Its 680mm from the bellhousing face to the furthest most tip of the rear casing, but it has a sticky out bit accounting for about 30mm of that, so the majority of the rear casing is about 650mm from bellhousing face.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
paul woods said:
No I'm afraid not, a mk3 will still need the intrusion
Did you measure the max possible distance from firewall to axle center?

I am just wonder it is just a small intrusion/access panel, or removing the gas tank and all that stuff?

Of course I am talking v8, not 10, 12, 16 etc ;)

·
Registered
609 Posts
19Mark90 said:
Would this bolt up to a 2gr if you were to go longitudinal with it? The transmission that is.
I doubt PW has tried it, but given that this is a VW transmission I think it's safe to say it won't "bolt on" to a Toyota motor. You'd need to make an adaptor plate, which would lengthen the whole assembly and negate it's advantage. Lucckily the 2GR WILL bolt up to the trans that comes in the car...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Lime-Light said:
I doubt PW has tried it, but given that this is a VW transmission I think it's safe to say it won't "bolt on" to a Toyota motor. You'd need to make an adaptor plate, which would lengthen the whole assembly and negate it's advantage. Lucckily the 2GR WILL bolt up to the trans that comes in the car...
Oh I know, but I was just thinking it would be awesome to have a longitudinal V6.

101 - 120 of 158 Posts