MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was visiting my uncle for a family celebration and I was eyeballing the car as always. This time though I just happen to ask him when he was going to finally get his 1987 mr2 fixed since the engine blew. To my shocking surprise he replied “if you really want it you can have it son”. I now find myself here a few hours later with a new car eager to learn more about it and bring this baby back to life (I hope). Any tips and advice is highly welcomed. Good start for the birthday month, cheers!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
A - Welcome and congrats on the gift.
B - As JH said, look into it and see what's actually wrong with it before assuming an engine swap etc
C - How long has it been sitting? Keep in mind fluids and rubber bits if it's been a long time

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats! Color me green... First things first, get acquainted with your wallet and the idea of it being empty all the time from here on out. Put a fresh battery in, make sure there's somewhat clean oil in her and fresh gas. Then try to crank her over. Check for fuel spark and air, and get yourself a BGB for the mk1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts