MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my turbo just went out. I'm kinda torn on what to do now? I was either gonna get the greddy TD06 kit or the t67 kit. The tdo6 kit would be the most cost effective way to go coz i wouldn't have to do that many supporting mods to put it on, but the t67 just has the kind of power i'm looking for. I guess what i'm asking is would it be okay to buy the t67 kit and put it on my car running it at low boost untill I have enough money to add all the supporting mods? or should i just get the td06 kit now and worry about the other turbo later? I'm asking coz i'm an underpaid broke college student and if i could save some money by just buying the bigger turbo right of the bat then that would help me out alot...thanks

·
Registered
860 Posts
Have u checked out the garrett gt28rs(disco potatoe)? 300-350rwhp with supporting mods and spools just as quick if not quicker than stock.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm looking to get into the 400 range........450 is my goal hehe every paycheck i'm getting goes straight to my savings right now......damn if only my job would add an extra zero to the left of the decimal point..

Y

·
0 Posts
T-67 would be the way to go. At least between the 2 choices you gave. I'm not sure the TD-06SH-20G that GReddy sells will get you to your HP goal.

I'd think you could go ahead and put the T-67 on but do you really trust yourself to keep your foot out of it? It won't take much boost pressure out of that thing to torch your motor if you're still on a stock fuel system.

·
Registered
673 Posts
it sounds like your not going to have all this extra money to be able to support the T67. Read RickyB's latest post.... stock motor, big turbo, no fun, or something like that.

The reason I say this is becuase Im a broke college student. Id say your best bet would be to get a TD06 or CT27 right now, and then get the supporting mods, that way if it takes you 1.5-2 years, you can really enjoy it (safely) as you go. Then you can sell the turbo and upgrade to a T67 or whatever new turbo that might be on the market that outperforms that at the time!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts