1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My home made turbo kit..

T3/T4 "o" trim

I only Have $600 in this so far....

All I need now is to finish up the downpipe and wastegate dump....

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Who made your manifold? I have the same turbo. Did you see my dyno plot? On a Gen3 I got [email protected] Completely stock longblock, just a couple bolt-ons. Its a sweet turbo, it just takes a few rpm's to get into its sweet spot. Oh and BTW, we determined that this turbo is a full T4, not a T3/T4 as it is advertised. It just uses a T3 flange. Good luck with it and lets see those numbers;-) What fuel mods are you going with. Be careful with the boost on this turbo. With a little tuning of the S-AFC I was able to pull 289rwhp at just 14psi so this turbo will quickly max out the stock 440's at just 12psi probably. Here is my dyno plot.

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=84087

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I made the manifold.. It is all 316 Stainless and ceramic coated..

I would be happy with 400 - 450 RWHP
Specs on the built motor:

20 over JE pistons w/swain coating
Carrillo Rods
Toga bearings
HKS 272 Cams
1mm over sized valves
HKS adjustable cam gears
Shimless buckets
Engal Valve springs
ARP main studs
ARP head studs
ARP Fly wheel bolts
Fidanza fly wheel
ACT Clutch
BBK 75 mm TB
?HUX? style intake manifold

Fuel system:
Supra fuel pump
850 cc bosch injectors
Extreme boost Top feed fuel rail

I still need an EMS.. ( AEM or NEMISIS )

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Thats a way nice manifold. Good job. I bet that took a lllllloooonnnngggg time to make. You have a very nice setup and should make some real nice power. Let me tell you, this turbo is very capable of your 400-450 goal. If I can be only 100HP short of that on pump gas and an unopened motor, you can probably do that and still be at 20psi or less.

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
Very nice...Seems like a lot of people are building mean 3sgte mr2's now. This is like the 4th thread I've seen where they will be making well over 400hp. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Looks bad asss...love the manifold ;) !!! So you are gonna put it on the beast motor, and not on the motor currently in the car? One way or another, 'git r dun'...... :smile:

·
Top Secret MR2
2,767 Posts
That looks just like the full race manifold! MAD PROPS!!!!

Jeff

·
Registered
195 Posts
How long did it take you to make the manifold? Oh yeah, props on the j-spec paint job!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mellamoben said:
How long did it take you to make the manifold? Oh yeah, props on the j-spec paint job!!
I worked on it, on and off for about 2 weeks.. Cutting the collector took the most time...

Thanks for the compliments...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ndisgii said:
Looks bad asss...love the manifold ;) !!! So you are gonna put it on the beast motor, and not on the motor currently in the car? One way or another, 'git r dun'...... :smile:

I am going to put it on the motor that is in the car right now... Once I finish building the other motor I plan on swapping in the built one and putting the new OEM motor in the other 2....So I still need to make atleast 2 more manifolds.. (one more for me and one for pat) When the hell are you going to be ready to put your motor in??? We need to have atleast 3 cars ready for NA2005 (all over 400 RWHP)

It looks like we have alot of down pipes to make Huh?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Dodees said:
I am going to put it on the motor that is in the car right now... Once I finish building the other motor I plan on swapping in the built one and putting the new OEM motor in the other 2....So I still need to make atleast 2 more manifolds.. (one more for me and one for pat) When the hell are you going to be ready to put your motor in??? We need to have atleast 3 cars ready for NA2005 (all over 400 RWHP)

It looks like we have alot of down pipes to make Huh?
Sounds like a good plan of attack! As far as my motor goes, my tax money should be back by the end of the week, and that will let me get the rest of the parts I need. Then it is all small things, but I want to do everything that I possibly can while the motor is out, because it makes it that much easier. I also need a few more small parts powdered which is another hold up. Lastly, I will need some more custom welding done. Like you mentioned, I need a downpipe/exhaust, IC piping, intake piping, and a plate welded to my intake manifold to accept the IAC. I'll just sit on it and not stress it until I can get those things done, but it should hopefully be before the big meet in June! Peace!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Im curious to know more about this turbo. What are the exact specs? Mainly the flow rate? lbs/min cfm

1 - 20 of 24 Posts