MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmm .. i purchased my car last year .. the man who sold me my car told me i have trd springs .. not sure if he's lying or not, but first things first .. im not sure what adjustable shocks i got .. but they are stiff as h*ll .. everytime i hit a bump it feels like theres a earth quake and its not comforatable at all .. If i change my shocks bakc to stock will that fix the problem?

·
Administrator
5,799 Posts
Changing the car's shocks back to stock will probably not fix the stiff ride, at least for long. Most people blame stiff shocks for a rough ride when the springs are equally to blame and TRD springs are known for that. On top of that, most people don't realize that almost all aftermarket shocks start out about 15% stiffer than OEMs, including the adjustable kind.

Also, TRD springs seat the car lower than stock springs so they may prematurely wear your OEM shocks which were engineered for stock ride height.

If you want compliance back you'll have to replace both springs and shocks. And you might want to check if you've got urethane suspension bushings too, those things tend to transfer more road noise to the chassis & create a harsher ride.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay I got Trd springs w/ kyb agx shocks .. i tried setting them all kinds of differnt settings but still feels like siht .. im planning to get new suspension, ic ant handle this set up too hard core for me haha .. anyways what do u guys prefer .. i want a comfortable ride simular to stock i guess .. i dont want to spend too much $ .. what are your sugestions? thanks guys

·
Registered
469 Posts
a guy i was going to get my mr2 from had tanabe coilovers? i think
and he showed me how stiff they were when he went up the drive-way half way and got out he can spin the other wheel with his hand

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
xpyoda said:
a guy i was going to get my mr2 from had tanabe coilovers? i think
and he showed me how stiff they were when he went up the drive-way half way and got out he can spin the other wheel with his hand
That would be due to a stiff swaybar not strut/spring, and stiff isn't really a good thing either.

G

·
Hey I got tein spring with kyb shocks. They ride great and I take my car to the race track. It handle nice, too. I still have my stock suspension. If you want to trade or sale your trd suspension. I'm interest. I want even more stiffer suspension than what I have. Email me if your interested. [email protected]

·
Since 1999*
7,117 Posts
The words...Stiff as hell, and KYB AGX, can usually be found in the same sentence. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.